3 | Godly Tears

[Info:
*2500 words ]

The lonely king, so withered white,Wise beyond his years,Sinks dark into his mind of waves,As falls what he holds dear

Wise beyond his years,
Sinks dark into his mind of waves,
As falls what he holds dear.
And pearls shall bloom from solemn times,
As the godly shed a tear.

A crumpled figure layed unmoving, cradled in the arms of Poseidon

Tall, looming columns of sandstone towered over the two figures. The oceans were deathly quiet and shivered with remorse, much resembling the God of the Sea himself.

Percy had dived off a bluff and flown straight into a cliffside rock. What had been salvaged of his body could easily rival that of Hephaestus.

Percy's essence, due to the fight, had been on the brink of exploding. Literally. His energy was so over-exerted and abused, Percy's soul was just about bailing on his body.

Poseidon had sensed his son's distress even from halfway out into the Atlantic. He'd called to Percy, urged him to let himself go, to be taken care of. And when Percy finally fell limp into his father's embrace, it was all Poseidon could do not to break down sobbing.

Now, the two of them sat in an underwater bedroom littered with photos and trinkets. Percy's bedroom.

A cyclops barged through the door, nearly sending it flying off its hinges. Tyson gasped when he saw his unconscious brother. He swam to the corner of the room and gently brushed his gnarled hand through Percy's hair, the seawater around them hiding the redness in Tyson's eye.

"Dad-" Tyson croaked. He whimpered. "Percy..."

Poseidon could only lower his head in response. The god had grown a lot more sensitive and caring since the Prophecy of the Seven. He'd seen how much pain and worry Percy's disappearance had caused Sally, Annabeth, Chiron. He couldn't live with himself if his child would be gone for good this time.

Poseidon put a hand on Tyson's shoulder. "Could you go find a healer? I would help him myself but I'm afraid my power will only weaken his state."