Chapter 4

With school finished and the entrance exams about eight weeks away, Izuku and Eri were left with their idea of entering high school and becoming themes skilled students. However, their papa did mention - they stronger they got - the more attention it would bring...

E: Hey Ni-chan, do you think Nezu will single us out? 

I: More than likely, but he won't do it in the obvious way. He'll probably have a trusted hero keep an eye on us and make sure we don't...run away.

E: I still want to tear out his eyes for what he put daddy and papa through. Stupid rat. 

I: Come on, Grandma and grandpa are training us today; let's not keep them waiting or we'll be in trouble. 

The siblings made their way from their bedroom to, what they considered, the front yard. Rize stood patiently, admiring her nails. 

"Alright you late butt-munchers! Let's get started with your training! I don't want to hear any kind of whining, complaining or groaning! Got it!" Rize looked at her kiddos and pointed to two extremely large boulders. Their goal: move it for fifteen miles and they only had until dinner time. 

The kids look at one another before looking at their grandmother; wondering why would they need to move boulders. 

"Your fathers have neglected your physical training; granted both of you have blessed quirks - but you lack in brute strength. Especially you Eri - you need to be able to tackle someone twice your size. That horn of yours will need to be a weapon." Rize's mind began to calculate the capabilities of Eri's horn and if there was a way to evolve it...

Before the kiddos could get their say in the conversation - Rize sent them both off and each needed to move the boulder and move it now! There was only until dinner and fifteen miles with a huge ass weight was going to take longer than the time given! 

                                                                                         ***

The table was set and the food steaming away...and still no kids. The parental unit was beginning to get worried and annoyed - glancing at the door every five minutes. 

S: Mother I can't believe you! Why did you make them run FIFTEEN goddamn miles! 

R: Honestly, you coddle those kids too much. If they are going to stand a chance, we need to expand their skills and horizons!

Before the two could bicker any further - the door slowly opens with an eerie creaking sound. In unison the kids announce their arrival. Izuku, carrying his little sister on his back. 

"Sorry we're late...we got lost..." Izuku didn't make it past the front door before dropping to the ground, out cold. 

Dabi is up before everyone else, his kids in his arms.

"Well – you did one hell of a job Rize. The kids are going to be out for the night. Rize can you bathe Eri and put her in clean clothes? Kuro, can you do the same for Izu?" Dabi looked at the grandparents, who agreed without a fuss.

Rize was right. Izuku and Eri have powerful quirks – but quirks only make half the person; the other half still wasn't trained. If his kids were going to survive the daily life of a hero high school – they had to be trained far more than what they had done in the past.

T: Dabi? What are you thinking? You have look about your face?

D: And what look would that be?

T: You've decided something – and no matter what I say – nothing will change your mind (smirks)

D: You got that right. For the remaining seven weeks – I will be training Izu and Eri. If they have any chance of surpassing current pro-heroes; I have to train them like how I was trained....And it's not going to be pretty. Hell – my kids might hate me after I get done with them...

The memories of Dabi's shrouded past flicker in his mind – recalling some of his most damaging moments. Moments where he wished he didn't survive.

**

And true to his word, Dabi trained his children to the point of exhaustion.

Every morning, the kids were to activate there quirks and maintain a certain level of power for a specific amount of time. The first week – the kids passed out until dinner – only to eat and go back to sleep awaiting the next day. On the second week, Izu and Eri were able to remain standing after the endurance training; afterwards came agility and weight training. Dabi got the idea of sticking weight vests on the kids for an added bonus. For a few days, Eri couldn't move of the vest – it was actually larger than her and it had to be adjusted for her mobility.

But the days wore on, Izuku grew more muscle and became leaner in his build. He was able to keep up with what Dabi was throwing at him. Eri on the other hand – she couldn't get passed the vest – she was growing muscle as well, but her child-like body would not allow for any additional changes.

Kurogiri and Rize had to step in on the 4th week to grow Eri's quirk, to evolve it to the next level. However, this meant diving deeper into Eri's subconscious mind. Kuro figured there had to be something that was buried so far that none of them knew about it; not even Eri herself.

One morning, Dabi and Izuku were requested to stop their training for the day to help with Eri. No one was sure what was going to happen – but it was rather stressful – especially for Eri...

"Alright baby - we are going to try an exercise that will be a little invasive. But, it will help you grow stronger....Are you ready?" Dabi waited for his daughter's response before proceeding. 

Eri nodded, before climbing into her daddy's lap. Kurogiri stood before his granddaughter and waited for her to settle down and give him the 'okay' to continue. 

Unknown to many Kurogiri had an additional gift; the gift to use his form gas-like form to enter the minds of his enemies and manipulate them at will. 

For Eri - he would be unlocking secrets...

To be continued...