Chapter 5

Lifting his hand, Kurogiri changed his form - surrounding Eri's head before entering her conscious mind. He saw her memories of the last decade and the happiness emitting from each scene that passed him by. A memory of the day he asked Rize for her hand in marriage - Eri cried and cheered as his beloved accepted his declaration of love. Kurogiri couldn't help but shed a tear at the memories that they created.

As Eri's first year with them rewinded to the first day she met them...Kurogiri came across, what felt like a sealed door. This was it. The years before Eri came to them...

Gently knocking on the door, Kurogiri waited for some kind of sign from Eri to let him in, but nothing. He knocked once more, this time a little harder.

"Eri, if you can hear me, its Grandfather. Open the door please." He continued to wait patiently, the door slowing opening - creaking with every inch. The door opened completely - but it looked as though it was about to close again. Not waiting anymore, Kurogiri entered, right as the door slammed shut.

Well --- looks like he wasn't getting out, at least not without answers.

***

It felt like he had been walking for awhile since starting down the dimly lit hall. It was quiet, but it was a trembling silence. He could feel the sudden shakes, but he didn't know what was causing it - but there was only direction he could go.

Meanwhile:

Dabi held his daughter in his lap – but with every moment that ticked by, her tiny form grew tense. She broke out into a cold sweat. Izuku and Rize watched on from the sidelines – wondering if they were really needed for this moment. But not wanting to distract or change the original plan, both stayed put – watching on. The only people that were left out were Shigaraki and Himiko; mainly because the two couldn't be controlled in any given situation. But that didn't stop them from watching on; from a distance; in a tree...

"Shigi, can't we get closer. From this distance – we can barely see them – let alone hear what the heck is going on." Himiko had a point...but he didn't want to upset Dabi either – seeing as he was told specifically to stay away from this exercise do to it's sensitive nature and his sensitivity to his children. Ah F*CK it all to hell – he's going in.

Back to Kurogiri:

The walls surrounding him kept vibrating – it felt like with every step he took – the hallway itself was getting smaller. He was getting close to the root of the problems. Taking a deep breath, he ventured further until he reached another door. It was a metal door, damaged with holes, scratch marks, what looked like blood and a note, reading: "help."

As he reached for the dusty door knob – a high pitched 'No' interrupted his actions. It was Eri – but smaller?

"Eri, it's grandpapa – it's me. I am only here to help." Using his most soothing voice – he waited for a response. But all he received was silence. Maybe it meant he could proceed...

Reaching out once more for the door knob – Kurogiri was knocked down and shoved back down the hall!

"No! Leave! You'll hate me! LEAVE!" Eri's voice trembled as she yelled for her grandfather to leave. He couldn't see her past – he mustn't – he wont love her anymore if he saw the deeds she committed – the things she went through. She was dirty! Disgusting! No one would want to be near her!

Back on the outside:

Dabi felt Eri struggle before her screams echoed through everyone's ears. Tightening his hold on her, he looked at Kurogiri – he was struggling to stay in her mind.

"Izuku! Rize! Help Kuro! He's being pushed out!" At Dabi's command, Izuku and Rize were next to the older gentleman – they could feel the struggle – his legs were shaking – his arms wouldn't stop trembling. Whatever was going on inside – Eri was clearly stronger than Kuro.

Back in Eri's Mind:

Kuro did his best to hang out to something – but what was he going to grab – the solid, some what smooth ground!? Remembering that he still had his quirk – he quickly dropped himself back in front of the door – twisting and turning the door knob – hoping he'd be able to push the door open. Nothing seemed to budge the door – he ended up getting lifted from the floor and started flapping in the air! If he didn't make past the door – he'd be kicked out of her mind before he could get anywhere!

Back on the outside:

Shigaraki heard the scream of his youngest, which startled him - causing him to fall out of the tree. Quickly recovering, Shigaraki ran as fast as he could. When he arrived, everyone was slightly everywhere...Dabi had his hands full with Eri - she was squirming - kicking and screaming. Kurogiri couldn't take whatever it was that was going on inside her head. 

This needed to stop and now! Without thinking, again, Shigi went straight for Kurogiri's hands - which immediately knocked him unconscious...

To be continued...