Jesse's Past

Shays POV

I got a call from Jesse today… He said he couldnt prolong the envitable hurt that i would have to go through. He apoligized for using me and he told me why, there was someone else… I refrained from begging to keep some of my dignity, as if it even mattered, he said it was someone named Sydney, he said he was sorry, but i didn’t care anymore.

JESSE’s POV

I called Shay today to tell her the truth, i hope she wasn’t too sad… Even though i messed up, i still did the right thing, in my eyes atleast, i needed to see Sydney, we planned on running away together since we were in highschool. I just hoped she would still do it.

1 Month later

Shay’s POV

Jesse’s mom called me, she said that she hadn’t heard from Jesse in weeks… And neither had i, but i thought that he would atleast talked to his mother.

“I haven’t heard from him either, im sorry…”

“Well, did he atleast tell you where he went?”

“He said something about a girl named Sydney?”

i heard a gasp over the phone and then i dead silence.

“Hello? Is there something wrong?”

“i- i’m sorry i just- i- i don’t know what to say.”

“What do you mean?” I was alarmed now, there was a sense of panic in her voice.

“I think we should meet in person”

“What’s happening?

“Just, come to my house, please? I think it’s time you know about Jesse’s… Past.”

I didn’t know what to say, we weren’t dating and we never were, i don’t even know how his mom got my number, had he told her about me? What did she think of me?

*Flashback*

“I like you Syd…” Jesse said, his palms sweaty

“Do you mean it?”

“Of course, and i know it’s lame but it is senior year and all of the guys are going,i just will you- go to prom with me?”

Sydney’s face turned a bright red, she didn’t know what to say, she liked Jesse… But something told her to not trust him, or even be around him. Despite her intuition, she said yes.

Jesse’s POV- Flashback continued

She said yes!

My dad said i could use his car for the night, i just hope Sydney likes it.

Present

Shay’s POV

“Jesse and Sydney got into a car accident the night of his senior prom, she died.” Jesse’s mom said

What did this mean? If she died who was he with.

“He was in and out of several hospitals, he suffered greatly with PTSD and severe brain damage, we just- we thought he was okay”

She started crying

I never saw Jesse after that, no one did… Everyone assumed he was dead, but something told me he was still out there.

The end?