love boners | kairi

NOW THAT THINGS WERE RELATIVELY NORMAL again, Kairi couldn't be happier. After they made up,  Mattia apologized to the rest of his friends, making sure to mention how stupid he had been. The New Jersey boys welcomed Mattia back into their group with open arms, glad to have their friend back and put everything behind them.

Kairi and Mattia had also confronted Alvaro together about the leaked video, deciding to let Alvaro stay in the group. Their friendship was worth more than an old video, but they each made it very clear to him that if Alvaro fucked up again, he would be kicked out of the group.

Everything was as it should be. Even at school, the social order had been restored. Kids gossiped endlessly about Mattia returning to the group and what had really happened between them. As before, no one had the guts to confront any one of the New Jersey boys about it. People merely minded their own business.

Kairi made it his goal to make up for the lost time during the past few months. He had missed just being around Mattia, so being able to just fuck around with him again was something he needed. They often hung out after school, made TikToks, went live, etc. Their loyal fans were grateful to see the beef put behind them - news of the leaked video quickly fell into the background. 

However, ever since that day at the mall, Kairi found himself questioning what had happened to him.

"Oh, so you like ass now too?" Mattia had asked, a smug look on his face.

"What the f- " Kairi was cut off by Mattia's word.

"Well," Mattia leaned across the table, "if you like ass so much, what do you think of mine?" Kairi's face flushed as he grit his teeth. Mattia laughed loudly, slapping Kairi's face gently.

"I'm just playin', Kai, chill out."

After that engagement, Kairi had been left with a boner tenting his pants, feeling hot and bothered. He hadn't really understood why, as nothing like that had ever happened before. To be honest, his reaction had scared him more than anything. If Kairi did have feelings beyond friendship beyond Mattia, though he doubted he did, there was no way Mattia could ever know. He had only just gotten Mattia back and there was no way Kairi was willing to let anything ruin that.

Kairi had always been attracted to girls. That was his life - girls, girls, girls. Who had he hooked up with? Who was the most attractive girl in his class? And it's not that Kairi didn't find Mattia attractive - he wasn't blind - but it was more the fact that he didn't act upon those feelings. Kairi had been satisfied with having Mattia's friendship - it worked. They bantered like children and even flirted playfully like a couple. But Kairi had never really had any true feelings for Mattia beyond the occasional 'he really do be lookin fresh,' and even then it had been superficial.

But what Kairi had experienced at the mall was not superficial. He was not going to pretend that those feelings didn't exist, because the fact of the matter was that they did, but it was just so odd. Mattia had teased Kairi like that multiple times, and they flirted so much people thought that they genuinely were gay. The fact that he had gotten a boner because of Mattia had to mean something, but what? Kairi supposed that he had always cared for Mattia in a way that was different from the rest of his friends, but he had always chalked it up to because they got each other like no one else had. If Roshaun and Alvaro were the closest of the group, Kairi and Mattia made a close second.

Whenever Kairi thought about even the mere possibility of pursuing romantic interests with Mattia, he got a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. It certainly wasn't the most pleasant, but it wasn't the worst either. Kairi supposed he just wasn't really ready to think about the idea of them being a couple because it was just so foreign. Besides, he knew that he was completely satisfied with the relationship as it was.