PART 2: THE BEGINNING

liked by ayeally and 8,179 others! julia

julia.alagna on the run

show all 59 comments

ayeally: i'll miss u!!

user1: love the jacket!

lisa_alagna: have fun!💖

When Julia arrived at the airport with a giant camera backpack and an — in comparison — small suitcase, some of Lando's team was already waiting at the meet-up point. Julia happily greeted everyone, before she made her way to the baggage reclaim and dropped off her luggage.

An hour later, everyone was sitting in the plane, on the way to Australia for Round One of the Fomula 1 Season. Julia was sitting at the window, next to Lando, who was scrolling through Instagram.

Julia grabbed her earphones and just leaned back into the seat, knowing it would be a long flight — hopefully a lot of sleeping involved.

After some hours of napping, she woke up to Lando sleeping peacefully next to her. She couldn't help but smile, noticing how it had turned dark after taking a look out of the window.

Julia got her Laptop from the carry-on and tried coming up with a concept for the Vlog, after watching some of the old LandoLOGs. She'd always try and make a brief plan before filming something, so it'd come out perfect and just like she wanted it to. Obviously, you never know what could happen, but she still liked to have these things planned.

Normally, she was a completely spontaneous person, she'd plan her weekend trips a day before, go to Amsterdam for some days or fly to Portugal on her own without having a hotel whatsoever. She loved living out of her backpack and capturing her experiences on camera.

But when it came to projects, she needed to have everything planned out. Some people would call it perfectionism — and somehow it was — but Julia didn't acknowledge it as that.

"Julia," Lando tried waking her up, since they've arrived in Australia. He chuckled at the view of Julia sleeping with her laptop still open on her lap. "We're in Australia."

Julia slowly opened her eyes to see Lando leaning towards her. "Oh, good morning."

"It's the middle of the night." Lando grinned at Julia and her sleepy comment.

"Well, good night then." She smiled, grabbing her carry-on, realising how nearly everyone had already left the plane. She glanced confusedly in Lando's direction.

"I didn't want to wake you up." He shrugged, getting his own small backpack from the overhead storage compartment. "I think we should probably hurry up."

Julia was still smirking at the fact that Lando didn't want to wake her, when they made their way out of the plane and took their bags and suitcases from the baggage claim. Afterwards they walked to the McLaren team car, that would drive them to the hotel.

Some time passed before Julia could enter her room and let herself fall onto the bed, not able to sleep, thinking about everything that was about to happen. She was so grateful for the opportunity to show her talent to a bigger audience.

Lando was sitting on his balcony, looking at Melbourne's city lights. A lot of thoughts crossed his mind too — excited for the new season and curious to see how things would work out with Julia.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

hey! this chapter is a bit of an in-between chapter, hence why it's a bit bad. i hope you still enjoyed reading it!

— kayla