PART 6: NERVOUS

When Julia woke up in the morning, the first thing that caught her eye was Lando's face snuggled to her shoulder and his arm placed around her. At first, the situation overwhelmed her a bit, but only some seconds later, she couldn't help but smile at the view. Lando peacefully sleeping — his hair messed up, his body slightly spooning her. The sun was shining through the sheer curtains, illuminating the whole room with warm light.

Julia carefully grabbed her phone to check the time and when thousands of messages by Carlos popped up, she knew it was probably time to get up.

Carlos: Hey, where are you? Lando isn't answering my texts
Carlos: Heeeellooooo
Carlos: It's breakfast time!!
Carlos: ???
Carlos: Are you with Lando?

Julia: Morning, we'll be there in 20, no worries

Julia laughed at the collection of texts Carlos sent her, before thinking of a way to wake up Lando. She put her hand on his waist and started tickling him, hoping it would make him jump — and that's exactly what happened.

"Oh my god!" Lando yelled, his eyes wide open now. "Are you crazy?"

"No. Carlos says it's 'breakfast time'." Julia replied. "That's just what it takes."

"Oh, so you couldn't have just woke me up in a nice way?"

"That was a nice way." Julia winked playfully, when Lando noticed his sleeping position. He looked at Julia in confusion, before slowly removing his arm from her waist.

"Sorry." He slightly blushed, biting his lip a bit. That was the first time Julia acknowledged Lando being a bit nervous. In her mind it was adorable. She smiled at him in response, reassuring him it was fine.

"You know, next time I'll throw you off the bed."

"Way to ruin it."

Julia chuckled at the comment, getting up from the bed. "You should probably go get ready. I'll see you at breakfast." She walked off to the bathroom, leaving Lando laying on the bed, confused with his feelings.

Damnit, he thought to himself, while getting out of the bed, leaving Julia's room.

A few hours later

landonorris updated his story!

40min ago

julia.alagna updated her story!

alagna updated her story!

3min ago

"Did you call the tattoo artist yet? I'm not hearing you talk to someone on the phone!" Lando yelled from his seat, staring at Julia.

"You really want my face on you, huh?!" Julia screamed back at him — her voice waking up Carlos from his nap.

"Gosh, I can't even take a nap." Carlos complained, rolling his eyes and making half the team laugh. "You guys have enough time to flirt when we get back to the hotel."

"We weren't—"

"Don't you dare even try." Carlos mumbled, leaning back into his seat.

hey! thank you so much for 300 reads! i'm very thankful for everyone voting, commenting and generally enjoying this story! if you have any improvement ideas or just anything about the story, feel free to let me know!

— kayla