Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I sit down on the couch and call Ima. "Can you come over?" I ask. "Yeah. You okay?" she asks. "No." I tell her and she says she will be here in a few. When Ima gets here, she walks in and sees me looking down at the tub of ice cream. "Shit. That bad?" she asks and without looking at her I nod my head yes. She sits down beside me and says "Was the date that bad?" I shake my head and say "Didn't go." I look up at her and she asks "What happened?" I stand and take the ice cream to the kitchen to put up and place the spoon in the sink. "I was getting ready for my date with Jake and Juice showed up." I tell her. "What happened?" she asks, as she gets the wine out and pours both of us a glass. "He saw me dressed up and asked where I was going and I said I had a date. He starts telling me that no I don't and that I'm his. He pinned me to the wall and there was something different about him." I tell her. "What did he do?" she asks. "He picked me up and held me against the wall. He pulled my dress up and told me to tell him I loved him. When I said no, he started kissing on my neck and I gave in and told him I loved him. We had sex against the fucking wall and he chocked me. When we were done, I told him to leave and texted Jake that I wasn't feeling well." I tell her. "This is what you wanted right?" she asks. "I wanted this when we were together but we're not together. It's too late." I tell her. "What are you going to do?" she asks. "I'm going to see if Jake wants to get coffee tomorrow. See how that goes." I tell her. After we talk and she leaves, I send Jake a text to see if he wants to get coffee with me tomorrow and he texts back that he does.

Ima walks into the clubhouse and sees Juice at one of the pool tables. She walks over and says "Finally got your shit together." He looks at her confused. "Just came from Clair's. She told me what you did." she tells him smirking and he smirks back. "We missing something?" Opie asks. Ima looks at him and says "Clair broke up with him because she said he was being too gentle so he apparently stepped up his game." Opie and Jax look at him confused and he just smiles before taking a drink of his beer. "She had a date with this guy Jake. Juice's possessive ass shows up and showed her he could give her what she wanted." Ima says. "It work?" Jax asks. "She cancelled her date. Texted him and said she didn't feel well. But you need to do something fast." she tells Juice. He looks at her and says "They're meeting for coffee tomorrow at noon." Juice nods and looks at Jax and Opie and asks "You guys feel like coffee tomorrow?" and they all smirk...including Ima. "I'll keep you posted." she says and Juice nods his thanks.

The next day, I am sitting at the coffee shop waiting on Jake to show up. What I didn't know was that Juice, Opie and Jax were sitting across the street watching me. I'm distracted, looking down at my coffee when Jake walks over. He leans down and kisses my cheek before taking the seat next to me. "Thanks for meeting me." I tell him. "Just glad you're feeling better." he says and I smile. "So, tell me a little about you." he says. "Not much to me. I grew up here. I work as a admin for Oswald Construction and have been there about two years. What about you?" I ask. "I moved here from Ohio about a year ago. I work as a project manager for an energy firm." he tells me and we fall into a comfortable conversation. He reaches over and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear when all of a sudden someone sits down. Juice turns the chair backwards when he sits down and he asks "There a reason you're touching my girl?" I roll my eyes and say "I'm not your girl anymore." Juice looks at me and asks "That why you let me fuck you before your date?" I look at Juice and then to Jake and he asks "That why you cancelled?" I nod my head yes and he stands and says "You two need to figure your shit out." before walking away. I stand up and look at Juice pissed off. "Why did you do that? Can't you just let me move on?" I ask as I walk away from him and out of the shop. I get to my car and Juice is right behind me. He pins me to the car and cups my face. "Please don't." I whisper. "Tell me you love me." he says softly. "No." I say and pull away from him before getting into my car and pulling away with tears in my eyes.