Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It's been a couple of months since that night at the club and I have stopped going out other than going to work. I walk out to my car to head to work and see Juice pulling into my driveway. He gets off his bike and goes to walk up to me and I step back. "Stop." I say and he stops in his tracks. "What do you need?" I ask. "I want to talk to you." he tells me. "I don't want to talk to you. Can't you just leave me alone?" I ask. "I don't want to leave you alone. You're mine Princess. I want my girl." he tells me and I shake my head. "Juice, we've not been together for a couple of months now. Please just leave me alone." I almost beg as the tears start to fall. I get into my car and head to work.

I get to work and get started on my reports when all of a sudden I bend over the trash can and start getting sick. "Are you okay?" Lauren asks. "Yeah. I think it's just my nerves." I say as I bag up my trash. One of the other ladies comes and takes it from me. My boss walks over and tells me "Go to the doctor and get checked out." I nod and do what she says.

I get to the doctor and when they call me back, the doctor asks "What seems to be the problem?" I look at her and say "I got sick at work and my boss wants to get me checked out." I tell her. "Okay. Well, let's start with the preliminaries. When was your last menstrual cycle?" she asks. I think for a minute and say "Couple of months I think." She says "We'll do some bloodwork and see what's going on." I nod and the nurse comes in to take blood. A little bit later, the doctor comes in and says "Well, looks like the reason you were getting sick is because you're pregnant." she tells me and I look at her shocked. We do an ultrasound and find out I'm six weeks pregnant.

I pull up to the clubhouse and see Juice standing outside talking to a couple of the guys. I storm up to him and yell "You fucking asshole. I fucking hate you." as I slam the ultrasound picture into his chest. He looks at me shocked and so does everyone else until he realizes that there's the picture in his hand. He looks at it and then to me with a huge smile. "Why are you smiling? You really think I'm keeping it?" I ask and his smile falls. "What? Why wouldn't you?" he asks as he steps forward. I step back and he finally makes it to me. Pulling me close, he says "You're not killing my kid." I look into his eyes and he doesn't look pissed off. He looks hurt. "I can't do this Juice. I can't." I say and the tears start to fall again. He pulls me close to him and just holds me. Since we broke up, he's been the aggressive man I wanted him to be when we were together. Now, when it counted, he was being the gentle Juice that I knew. "Please don't get rid of my kid." he whispers. I look up at him and say "Tell me you love me." He kisses me softly and says "I love you. I've always loved you." I pull away from him and he asks "How far along are you?" I wrap my arms around myself and say "Six weeks. But Juice, this doesn't mean we're back together." I tell him. "You're carrying my kid." he says a little louder. He steps closer and I say "I won't get rid of it but I need time." I tell him. "When do you go back to the doctor?" he asks. "Not for another month." I tell him and he nods. "I better go." I say. He pulls me back to him and says "You're mine Princess. You and our kid our mine." I shake my head and say "I'm not yours Juice." I pull away and walk to my car as the tears start to fall again.

Later that night, I'm sitting on the couch and Ima walks in. "Hey babe." she says before she sees the tears in my eyes. She goes to the kitchen and gets a bottle of Jack and two glasses. She sits it down and I say "I can't drink that." She looks at me confused and I hand her the ultrasound picture. "Holy shit." she says and looks at me. "He know?" she asks. I nod my head yes. "Told him today. I found out this morning and he smiled when I showed it to him. I told him I wasn't keeping it." I tell her. "What? Clair..." she starts. "I'm not getting rid of it. He asked me not to. He actually looked hurt when he asked me to keep it." I tell her. "He loves you." she says. "I know. What do I do? I can't take him back." I tell her. "Why not?" she asks. "He's been aggressive like you wanted. You know he can be sweet and gentle and now you know he can be aggressive like you like. What's the problem?" she asks and I look down at my hands, holding the picture of our baby. I finally look at her and say "As fucked up as it sounds, if I do, he'll stop." I tell her. "I bet he doesn't." she tells me and I don't say anything else.