TILL FATE BRINGS YOU HOME

A WEEK LATER:
UNKNOWN POV:

edwinhonoret Naomi Ta'Tiana Clintwood, you're my forever best friend, even though you're gone

edwinhonoret Naomi Ta'Tiana Clintwood, you're my forever best friend, even though you're gone. And god I wish so badly that I could take the whole night back so that whoever took you wouldn't have had the chance to. It hurts to look at pictures of you, it hurts to hear your name. Everything hurts so fucking much now that you're gone. You were a beautiful soul. We miss you.

comments disabled

                                                        ...

Nick's alarm blares beside his bed. He pushes the alcohol bottles out of the way and throws the alarm off of his nightstand, pulling the cord out of the wall.

Empty.

Not not empty.

Drowning in pain.

Nick looks at the ceiling and takes a deep breath fighting the tears that have become regular. He shuffles to his closet and takes out the suit hung up on the door. He catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Circles under his eyes, hair a mess, dried tears covering his face.

Naomi would hate to see him like this. And that's when the tears fall, because she's gone, she doesn't even have the chance to.

Luna watches Zion sleep. He's having another nightmare, about the same thing.

"Naomi come back. I need you. Don't go.", he mumbles. He brows are creased together. Sweat drips down his forehead, tears pour down his cheeks. She reaches out to wipe one away but he flinches at her touch. The new regular.

Her heart aches too, nobody's trying to wipe away her tears. Her best friend, gone without a goodbye.

Edwin has his suit on, he doesn't care if the socks match though, or if his church shoes are shiny. Any other day, he'd be on the phone with Naomi, helping her figure out what to wear for the day, laughing at her as she tried on things that were far from matching. He wipes away a tear as he stares at the picture on his lockscreen, him and Naomi, faces squashed together, smiling so hard, so happy. It hurts to look at her face, but he can't bare to change it. He wipes away another tear and flips his phone over.

Austin feels numb. Because how? Why? Naomi of all people. Simba nudges his foot and he doesn't react. No alarm was set, he wasn't going to fall asleep anyways. A row of pictures rests on his nightstand, pictures he and Naomi took in a photo booth, she was laughing in every picture at his silly faces. Smile so bright, heart so big. He grumbles out of bed and puts on his suit, he fumbles with the tie as usual and this time Naomi's not here to help.

Brandon hasn't said a word, not to anyone. he's scared. He's Heartbroken. He takes something out of his bathroom drawer, wipes it off with a towel and puts it into a grocery bag, tying it up tight, tossing it out of the window. A single tear slides down his face as he watches it fly through the sky. Gone forever, if only it were that easy. The thought of he and Naomi's last encounter fill his mind.

"I'm sorry."

When everyone meets at the graveyard. They are silent. There's nothing left to say. Just a pat on the back from Edwin to Nick.

Naomi's casket lies wide open. But nobody walks up to it, nobody can bare the site of her lifeless body.

Brandon steps up to the podium, he's the first to pay his respects. Nick stares forward with a cold stare, fighting tears once again.

"Naomi was, one of my best friends, always. She was always there for me. Always listened,I know she wouldn't have judged be but still, I didn't tell her everything, because I was afraid to ruin our friendship.  Then she met Nick and the time was just never right."

Nick looks up and furrows his eyebrows.

"I was in love with Naomi."

Nick gets out of his seat and stalks towards Brandon but Luna pulls him back. He stares daggers into Brandon's head as he continues.

"That night at the party, I realized that I was never, ever going to have a shot with her, because she loved you Nick, so much" A tear slides down Brandon's face as he glimpses over at Naomi's corpse. "That's why I killed her."

Silence.

Nobody even breathes.

Zion stalks over to Brandon before anybody can stop him and tackles Brandon to the ground. No hesitation just anger, just hurt.

"THAT WAS MY BEST FRIEND. YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME! YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME! SHE WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER WALK INTO MY LIFE AND YOU KILLED HER! OVER WHAT? A CRUSH?" Zion throws punch after punch at Brandon's face. Tears blur his vision but he never misses.

Austin is the only one who tries to stop him. "Z, please that's not gonna bring her back! Zion he's not worth it!"

Austin pulls Zion off of Brandon and pulls him into a hug, Luna joins, wiping the tears away from his face as Zion tries to get his breathing back in order. "Its not fair. It's not okay. I want him dead.", he mumbles.

Nick takes a deep breath and wipes away his tears. He walks up to Brandon's limp body lying on the ground and looks him in the eye as he punches him in the face, one good time.

He walks slowly over to Naomi's dead body and closes his eyes.

"Come back to me Ma'." He plants a kiss on her forehead.

NAOMI'S POV:

"Come back to me Ma', wake up."

City Girls ACT UP blares from the speakers.

                                          >>---------->X<---------<<