Cover Your Ears

Oh shit.

No. She couldn't be serious right now.

"Huh?" I uttered out dumbly, blankly staring at Toga.

Toga giggled, walking closer to me now.

"Man. That provisional license exam was pretty fun, right!? Getting to see Izuku was the highlight for me." She swooned, twirling around in a circle.

I was quiet, not daring to say a word right now.

"But, you know. The best part was watching you blow your cover right in front of me. Seeing you shove your tongue down that red haired guy's throat was really something else." She laughed, plopping down on the couch now.

I internally cringed, remembering the moment Shiketsu Camie, now revealed as Toga, walked in on Eijirou and I kissing in the hallway.

"Ugh. You're an idiot." Sir Nighteye called out in my ear now, causing me to slump my shoulders.

He knew what was going on.

"Don't worry. Toga saw you and Kirishima kiss. But, it seems like that's all she saw. You can turn that into something. Can't you?" Sir Nighteye asked.

I was quiet for a moment, thinking about how I could spin this situation into a way that makes Toga think I'm still on her side.

But, I didn't want to hurt Eijirou by saying bad things about him either. I knew he was listening.

As if reading my mind, I heard Eijirou's voice coming through the line now.

"Margo, this is my fault. If we didn't kiss in the hallway, Toga wouldn't have caught us. Say whatever you need to, in order to get out of this. Don't try and spare my feelings now. I understand." He said carefully in my ear.

No. This is my fault. I knew better.

"Oh boy." I muttered under my breath, before turning to Toga now.

I was still a little lost on how to proceed with this conversation, clearly drawing a blank.

It must have been obvious, as Eijirou spoke again now.

"Margo. Tell her you're just using me. Tell her you're using me to get back at all of these stupid UA heroes. I think she would believe that." Eijirou suggested.

I ran an anxious hand through my hair, as I dreaded this conversation I was about to have with Toga.

I looked over at the clock on the wall, seeing there were only ten minutes until Overhaul was supposed to arrive.

I needed to act now.

I took a deep breath to calm my fears, forcing myself to be confident about this.

"Boy, Toga. Do you have it all wrong!" I laughed out, taking a seat next to her on the couch.

Toga looked at me blankly, simply waiting for me to continue.

"As someone who's obsessed with Izuku Midoriya, I thought you of all people would understand the act of mixing business with pleasure." I smirked, nudging her shoulder playfully.

Toga narrowed her eyes at me, clearly curious as to where I was going with this.

"I mean....what did you expect me to do during my time at UA? Sit there and twiddle my thumbs. Of course I'm gonna enjoy myself a little, too.....I know you would." I called out confidently, shooting her a smug smile.