Chapter 9: Secrets Untold

"Come on, Astrid, whatever you told Cassy was blackmail and you know it. Please tell me what it was," Hiccup said with desperation written across his face.

Astrid rolled around in her chair talking in her new surroundings. Hiccup and his father were wealthy people and his father seemed to enjoy the skilled art of hunting considering the many mounted heads upon their walls. The blond tilted her head with devilish intent. "Hey," she began. "How many days until Christmas?"

Hiccup tilted his head in confusion. "Well, it's December 1st so 24 days until Christmas." He gave her a pointed look. "Why?"

'Oh," Astrid thought. 'Let's have fun with this.' "Oh, no reason," she said. "I just know who my secret admirer is and was going to tell him soon."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, and he's everything I want."

"How so?" Astrid could hear the panic in his voice. Was he going to admit it before she could have her fun? That was not going to happen.

"Why yes. Snotlout was always my Prince Charming."

Hiccup was red. "HE'S NOT YOUR ADMIRER, I AM!!"

"Got you," Astrid said with a smirk.

Hiccup was breathing heavily with red splashed across his face. And then, he literally face palmed, leaving behind a bruise on the length of his forehead and nose. "I gave it all away, didn't I?"

"Don't forget Cassy, she gave two huge clues. And thanks for the picture. It means a lot to me that you saw that match."

"No problem. I guess that cat is out in the open.."

"Hiccup?"

"Yes?"

"The saying is 'the cat is out of the bag,'"

Hiccup raised a brow. "Whatever. Now that you know my secret, can I know the one you told Cassy?"

"Sure, come in close."

Hiccup stood next to her.

"Closer."

He leaned in to be in front of her.

"Closer, Hiccup," she sighed frustrated.

Hiccup leaned in so close, he was tempted to kiss her. "So...?"

"There wasn't a secret," she whispered as she moved the last little bit to kiss him straight on the mouth.

~

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!