The Awakening

I was about to tell Silvea, when I realized something. This is all too easy. How could so many things like this happen so fast and without trouble? Then I realized, it wasn’t this perfect, this easy. But I didn’t want it to end.

          I woke up in my bed. My room looked the same. The walls were made of mud, my bookshelf was next to my bed. I looked at my hands and saw a book. I picked it up and read the title “The Dragon Prince”. Ugh I must have passed out while reading again. “Time to get up”

          My mother came into my room. “Ugh, you know you can’t read dirt brain, why do you keep your father’s books?” “Love you too mom.” The lantern on my night stand was still lit.” you just going to stare at it? Put it out.” I blew out the light.” Now come eat and get started on your chores.”

          I walked out of my room into the kitchen. I could tell something had burnt. There was bowls of rice on the table with rainbow trout in the center, half cooked. I ate with my mom, we don’t talk much so it was a quite meal. I finished up and headed outside. It always smells like cow dung, the roads were just trampled grass and dirt. Our small town or mud houses and the one large wooden cattle ranch was used as a travel point for farmers, at least the ones that make it to us. The orc encampments prevent safe travel. So you’re either lucky or rich if you make it here. The orcs don’t bother us because they use the cattle as a food supply.