Her

I finally finished my work. I started to head home when I saw her, the one I had devoted my life to. Short crimson hair, green eyes, and a short beautiful body. She always smells amazing.  Her name was Elizabeth, she was seen as a punk among the villagers. She had friends but they weren’t around that much so she was sort of alone a lot.

We were similar in that way. Although I am a loser so I deserved to be alone and in my eyes she was amazing. She deserved gold, silver and diamonds. Anything she had her eyes on she could have. But I had no chance with a diamond like her. I wasn’t enough for her. She left me to my own demise. But I am used to being an outline, the person you don’t see in the room as anything but background. It’s nice to be background, you don’t have to worry about being cared for, and no one can get hurt by your sorrow.

I tried hiding but she spotted me and waved.” Natsu, how’s it going?” she smiled and started walking over to me. I started freaking out and blushing. I still smelt like cow, she is going to smell me and leave.” Hey Elizabeth, how are you today?” she gave me a stern look” I told you to call me Lilith.” I never did fully realize why she had me call her that, but from what I recall that was her mother’s name. She died defending Elizabeth from the dragon when it attacked the village. As soon as I saw Lilith sitting with a dragon’s bloody maw. I freaked and stabbed the dragon with a pitch fork. It quickly threw me against the wall with an easy sweep of its tail. The spikes on its boney tail tore my stomach open. If it weren’t for Elvin healing magic I would have died. It would have been worth it, as soon as I attacked the dragon the guards rescued Lilith.

The stab wounds put me in a critical condition. I still have scares to this day. And that was five years ago. Lilith was pissed at me after the dragon was slain, but I was not upset because I knew she was using it as an excuse not to cry. Her mother and her were close, her father had died in the great dwarven assault. A war between humans and dwarves that lasted for  three years. Her mother was al she had. They went through hardship and pain together. This was not something Lilith could hide her sorrow for. I let her yell and punch me tell all she could do is sit there and cry.

“hey numb skull, you listening to what I’m saying?” she had noticed my absent mind.” Yeah, you mind repeating that?” “yes I do. Listen next time and maybe I will say it again.” She huffed and looked up. She was hiding something, I could tell because she was blushing.” Thanks for your help.” She smiled and kissed my forehead. “ what are you talking about?” “Really, so you’re not the one who has been leaving and copper pieces at my door?” I started blushing and acted dumb. “ why would I do that, I spend all of it on sweets for myself.” She laughed and punched my arm. “ well I’ve got to go, talk to you later.” She ran off, leaving me to my thoughts.