iii. butterflies

❝ 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆!❞

𝖣𝖤𝖢𝖤𝖬𝖡𝖤𝖱 25, 2019

"MERRY CHIRSTMAS, Mayfield." Mike had woke the redhead up, who was sleeping on the basement couch.

"'Morning Wheeler." She yawned, getting off the couch. "Hey, what did you do to my bear?"

"Stole it." Mike replied, as he made his way to the kitchen.

Max checked the time — 9:27 a.m.

"Rude." Max mumbled as she joined him in the kitchen. She had an oddly weird feeling — like she wasn't supposed to be there.

Well, she really wasn't.

"Hey Mayfield?" He called out for her. She turned around and faced him.

"Yeah?"

The weird feeling wasn't stopping. And it started to be even worse when she looked at him.

He was wearing a blue shirt and some grey sweatpants. Fuck, he's wearing grey sweatpants, she thought. His curly-hair was messy as usual and his freckles — damn his freckles are pretty, she said to herself.

"Isn't your mom worried about you?" He asked her.

He cares, she said to herself.

"I don't think so. She barely gives a shit about me and what I do." The redhead replied. "She used to. Not anymore."

He stayed quiet for a while. Mike looked different today; he looked the same, yet different.

"Mayfield? Mayfield?" The raven haired-boy snapped his fingers in her face, making her come back to reality.

"W-What?" She said, blushing a little, but now enough for him to see it.

"Do you want pancakes?" He questioned her.

"Y-Yeah sure." She quickly replied.

"Then I need to go and buy some milk." He told her as he grabbed his coat and put his shoes on. "I'll be back in five."

And with that, the brown-eyed boy left the house.

After that, she realized what that weird feeling was: it was butterflies.

She couldn't understand why she was having butterflies around Mike Wheeler. Yes, she did consider him an asshole a while ago, but that doesn't mean she likes him now.