Chapter 20 - Lend you a shoulder

Chen Ruo Yu called Lei Feng and thanked him courteously. As to her dinner invitation, Lei Feng refused, saying that it was only a small effort on his part. Moreover, this matter originally should have been handled properly by the police and it was also within their scope of work.

Although this was the case, Chen Ruo Yu still did not feel at ease. If the police were not given pressure, this internal matter would not be so easily settled. Before this, she had run around until she was exhausted and in the end, this matter had dragged on for a long time.

Lei Feng also said that since they were friends, later there will be a lot of opportunities to get together and finally, he said this matter was requested by Meng Gu to be settled. If Chen Ruo Yu still insisted on finding someone to thank, she should thank Meng Gu instead.

His words made Chen Ruo Yu think for a long time. She knew she should be thankful to Meng Gu but how to thank him? This proved to be a big difficulty for her.

Provoke him, it would annoy him. If provoked by him, she would feel annoyed herself.

Chen Ruo Yu thought over this. Forget it, it is better to discuss with Liang Sisi. Let her change another method and avoid getting Mr. Tyrannosaurus annoyed. In this way, this could be considered as helping him, right? Then later she will give him a call and thank him.

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

At night, taking advantage they were watching TV together, she tested Liang Sisi.

"How are you with Dr. Meng recently?"

"What? Did Dr. Meng complain to you?"

Chen Ruo Yu was surprised. Do you have to be so astute? She had not said anything yet.

Liang Sisi smiled. As she massaged her leg with nourishment cream, she kept her eyes on the TV. "The nurses told me that Dr. Meng was a bit unhappy about their inquiries."

"Oh, so he is not happy, ah." Chen Ruo Yu pretended to be stupid and thought to herself about his 'a bit unhappy'. Obviously, he is violent and difficult.

"So, he complained to you, did he?"

"Oh, that cannot be said as complaining." Overbearing would be more appropriate as a description. Chen Ruo Yu changed the topic and said. "What do you intend to do?"

"Nothing." Liang Sisi answered nonchalantly. "Take it easy and slowly infiltrate. This is about love, not a fighting match and it is not something that is needed to be solved in the shortest time. As you know, there is this thing called familiarity breeds fondness."

Chen Ruo Yu nodded. She knew the idiom, familiarity breeds fondness but that is an old idiom. In her heart, there is a new word and it is called disillusionment.

"So do you plan to let him go for the time being?" She asked.

Liang Sisi glared at her. "What do you mean by letting him go? I'm not that type of scheming woman and neither is he a good man. Our combination is called an ideal couple."

Chen Ruo Yu nodded and asked again. "Then do you intend to let him go for the time being?" If Liang Sisi says she will let him go, then Mr. Tyrannosaurus will at least be left alone for a while. When she calls him later, then she can take a little credit for doing her part and together with a 'thank you', things will be resolved satisfactorily.

The two of us does not owe each other and we are not involved with each other.

"Yes." Liang Sisi did not seem to care much and answered casually.