Chapter Fourteen

Alyssa was in the lead as she, Equinox, and Bay strode down the hall to the Common Room. Siblings Azuma and Yuka Fujikawa stood by the Common Room door, they tuned at the sound of quick steps.

Yuka eased up to Equinox, "Oh, we were looking for you." she said, her English slightly accented, "We wanted you and Bay to come with us to the club to celebrate the victory."

 A celebrate was felt to be order by the coven, since so many members almost lost their lives in battle. 

"But first," Azuma interjected, coming to his sister's side "Malcom has called a meeting."

"Yes, I know, but he said he would try to make it short so we could relax at the club." Yuka flipped her shiny, raven black hair over her shoulder.

Yuka and Azuma were both members of the Japanese Fae. Yuka carried on her father's line of water elementals, but Azuma'd inherited the element of fire from his mother's side. Because of the elements, Yuka eyes were bright, deep blue. If you looked deeply into them, you could see the irises undulating like the ocean. When she phased into her Fae form, she was a figure of icy frost with wings of wisping water.

Azuma's eyes were rusty in tone with tongues of vapory flames deep in them. His Fae form was something like a red and orange Phoenix crossed with a man.

Of course the Fae siblings were in human form as they waited to see why Malcom had called a meeting.

Yuka linked her arm in Equinox's, gracing her head on his bicep, "You'll come to the club? After all, Azuma and I came all the way to Scotland to see you, and we haven't had any fun together yet." 

Yuka had been friend's with Equinox a long time. She and he met when one day Equinox decided he needed a vacation from his family drama.

Always wanting to see the country, he materialized himself to Japan. Equinox stayed in an ancient Japanese castle that had been converted into a coven and glamoured so it wouldn't be seen by Basic humans who knew nothing of the Magick world.

Equinox met Yuka at tea and they became fast friends. After a while Azuma noticed his sister's closeness to the vampire and wondered if it was love. After befriending Equinox himself. Azuma realized Equinox was not in love with his sister, loving women "wasn't his way" as Azuma put it.

However it wasn't long before Equinox accidently lead Yuka to her love.

Equinox brought his friend from Montréal, Loren, on one of his treks to the Japanese coven.

Loren, a pansexual warlock vampire, had fallen head-over-heels the first time he met Yuka. It wasn't long before it was clear the feelings were mutual. Yuka and Loren became mates, and neither of them had looked at another person since.

Equinox was about to answer Yuka's question when a head poked around the door of the Common Room. It was Loren, "Yuka--oh you found Equinox."

"Actually, Alyssa found him and Bay." Yuka replied.

"Oh, good. Malcom wishes to start now. Says he'll be as quick as possible." Loren's eyes met Yuka's then Equinox's, "It does seem important, though." As an empath, Loren often felt other's emotions, and he was rarely wrong.

Because of this, Equinox had put a shield around himself for years when around Loren, lest he sense his feelings for Bay. He trusted Loren's assessment of Malcom's feelings.

"Well, then let's see what he wants." Equinox said as they entered the Common Room.

The coven members who were not sleeping had gathered in the room.

Malcom stood in front of the fireplace, papers were scattered over the coffee table in a seemingly random fashion. People were dotted about in the upholstered chairs and sofas of the room.