Doubtful

*Carianna*

It's nine O'clock at night and I'm just getting home. Since eight in the morning I've been

looking for a job, behind King's back of course. For some dumb ass reason King doesn't want me to have a job. Of course I didn't listen, what I look like listening to his every command.?

Even though I never graduated from high school, I should still be able to get some kind of job, right? Or maybe I should go to school online, but I still want a job in the meantime.

I know what your thinking," why you want a job when King takes care of you?" It's about being independent. I don't need anybody to help me all the time and I don't want to feel like it anytime soon. I want my kids to know it's not okay to sit on your ass all day like a bum. They should be independent, never dependent on ANYBODY. Hell, that's how everyone should be!

The living room light flicks on and I freeze. I feel him behind me, but don't want to say anything. I'm scared as hell because ion what's about to happen! He could yell at me, beat me, or kill me. Not that that's neccassary for being at a job interview! "So, you gon' tell me where you been?" he asks and I cringe at the thickness in his voice.

"Out with the girls?" I say more like a question rather than the answer to his question.

"Really? Try again," I roll my eyes and sigh.

"why?"

"The fuck you mean why? You ain't called nobody all day and I ain't know where you were at!"

"Look! I'm fine, okay?" I grip the stair stairwell bar and begin to walk.

*Isaiah*

"Nigga really?" I ask my nigga G as I watch him sniff one of my sister's bras. I was supposed to fold the laundry , but me and G started playing the game.

"Yeah, bitch! Have you seen yo' sister? Girl fine as fuuuuccccckk!" We laugh as Liyah ringtone come through my phone. I press the button to decline the call. "Really nigga?" I hear him.

"Yep," I say

"Why you mad at her, anyway?"

"She said she got to much to deal with, so we needed a break. Shit, I said ok, but don't call me when you decide YOU want me again cause I'll have already moved on," he shake his head with a laugh

"Petty asses," he mumble and I laugh. I don't care!

"Isaiah! Someone here for you!" Carianna yells from downstairs, loud ass. We look at each other as if asking 'did you invite anyone here?' Walking down the stairs, I think about who could be here. Everyone else I fuck with is busy today.

I make it to the door and re-open it.

"Hey," she says with some girl behind her, she was fine too! I know she ain't got no siblings and they look alike, so I'm guessing they cousins.

"Wassup?" I say mostly to the girl behind her, she smiles. Aaliyah looks at the girl with a glare. G dumb ass is sitting on the couch next to Carianna, staring at her.

"Um, listen. I think I made a mistake letting you go. I know you said not to come back, but I need you," she already big brown eyes grow wider, waiting for me to reply.

"Who's she?" I ask, licking my lips. She looks surprised, but don't say it.

"This is my cousin, Alana! Alana this is my....." she waits for my answer again. I look back at the living room and Carianna is nodding with a wide smile while G is staring at her. I sigh then flick my tongue.

"Boyfriend," Aaliyah smiles bright. I missed her, most definitely. I'm glad she came back, I love my baby, but her sexy cousin gonna be a problem. I gesture for her to come closer and she shake her head. I take a step towards her and she start running through the lawn and I chase her, stealing glances back at Alana every once in awhile.

DAMN!

Alana>>>>>>>>>>>>>