Chapter Eight

I watched as his face flushed with embarrassment, a soft red tone colored his cheeks.

He signed running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair.

"Mom what are you doing?"

She giggled placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You know how your grades are, especially math class, I just wan-"

"Yeah I know what you wanted but you didn't have to ask some random person on the street to tutor me. This is the third time already that you've done it." I can tell he was a bit frustrated with his mom. Which became  a really akward situation for me. I stood in front of them, watching  as the family feud spewed words from their mouths like a game of tug a war.

"Why do you always have to involve yourself in my problems, like let me learn to make mistakes before you come in and try to fix something," Danny admitted, walking over to the store's fridge. He grabbed a coke, opening it so aggressively the tab broke off; hitting the tiled floor.

"I'm trying to look out for you so you don't end up like your brother! Why can't you accept the fact, that I want to help out."

"I don't  need your help and I don't need a fuc-" He stopped at his tracks looking at his mom's facial  expression before continuing again. "I don't need a tutor, mom," His tone became more softer.

You're probably wondering why I was still standing there watching their dispute proceed and honestly I have no idea either.

I glanced at the clock above the door reading exactly twelve thirty. Which means I only had about 10 minutes before class starts up again; and I still hadn't eaten a single bit of my sandwich. Ugh.

Maybe if I cough, they would notice my existence and stop.

So I cough. Nothing.

Cough.

Cough.

Larder Cough.

Even more larder cough.

"Excuse me." I spoke higher than I expected, making them both look up at me.

I watched the mom's face turn a bit pinkish as she remembered my presence.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, uhhhh.."

"Ava, my name's Ava." I reached out my hand so she could shake it; grabbing it, her smile lightened.

"Wow such a pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Wait so you ask some random stranger to tutor me and you didn't even know her name." Danny interrupted.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance; I couldn't even properly thank his mom for her compliment without him barging in on the the conversation. He started to really remind me of someone.

"So what? You should thank your mom for helping you out and to be honest I wouldn't give you anything if you treated me that way. So be greatful that she actually cares about you."

"And I'm not some random stranger, I go to the school that you're going to be attending to," He was taken off guard by my sudden change of tone; not gonna lie but I was too.

I felt my hands tremble at my out-of-nowhere confidence.

"Parton me, but I really have to get back to school."

"Yes I apologize, listen I'll write down my number just incase you or I, change our minds about the tutoring thing. Thank you though," She ripped a piece of paper from the notepad that was on the counter top and wrote her name and number down on the paper. I watched as she added a heart to her i.