Chapter Three

"Here's the thing we started out friends

 It was cool but it was all pretend

yeah, yeah since you been gone."

I sang quietly as my earphones blast Kelly Clarkson.  I sat on the school steps waiting for my crazy late brother. He was suppose to be here minutes ago, I still don't know why my parents trust him with their car. They have a better chance with a three year old.

Getting tired of waiting at the empty school I decided to wait in the near by park.

The sounds of children playing rang through my earphones so I increased the volume. The sun was setting and I almost regret telling Lisa to go home instead of waiting here with me. My eyes searched the park trying to find something that would keep me entertained. They stopped at the half crowded basketball court.  I watched as the shirtless guys played.

I turned away towards my phone to call my irresponsible brother again. I was starting to get frustrated when he didn't pick up. Yeah, there might be a possibility that I am going to be stranded out here all night.

I was about to look up at the game again when I heard someone yell towards me.

"Watch out!" Before I could have anytime to react I watched as the circular basketball came shooting towards me.

I heard my phone drop as I scream, the heavy ball crushing into my right leg.  It was seconds before I felt the irritating pain run through my thigh.

"Hey, you ok?" I heard masculine voice say to me.  I usually don't curse but I felt a whole lot of them were about to burst out of my mouth any minute. 'Does he not know how to catch a ball?'  

I looked up and instantly everything I was just thinking about vanished. It was the same guy I seen smoking outside of school.  Sweat was dropping down his face making his white t-shirt soak. His wet hair was covering his eye. I almost wanted to reach out and move it away.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said rubbing my sore thigh. His grey eyes gazed at me.

He was about to say something else when I heard another voice call my name. We both turned around to see my brother, Kian, standing there confused. 'Oh now he wants to show up?!'

"You alright sis?" He said walking over.

"Yes I'm fine, can we just go." I said trying to leave before it gets any awkward.

"Who are you?" Kian said to the hot stranger.

Great.

"I'm Dallas... I  uh, just wanted to see if she was ok. The ball accidently hit her in the leg. "  He said picking the ball up from the ground. I watched as Kian gave him a satisfy look before turning away.

"Thanks." He said walking slowly towards his car. I got up off the bench trying to escape this embarrassing moment.  

"Sorry..and thanks." I awkwardly said before grabbing my bag and making my way to Kian's car.

This week couldn't get any worse.

But yet again.. I was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the slow update. A lot has been going on lately so I really didn't have a chance to upload two chapters. Hope this one can make up for it. I have made a schedule on when I will upload. So on Sundays expect a new chapter and every other day I decided to make one!

Thanks for reading.