chapter 4

late evening

after she shared dinner with nic and made sure her friend was okay, mina left and headed back to work leaving nic alone to watch television on the couch.

Conrad walks in through the front door he walks to the living room expecting to find it empty but, when he walks in he, finds nic on the couch sleeping with the television on in the background, he walks over to his sleeping girlfriend, he kneels down in front of the couch, he gently wakes nic up, soon she wakes up finding Conrad watching her again.

"hey your back," says nic in a groggy voice.

"yeah how you feeling," asks Conrad?

"I'm good sorry I fell asleep," says nic.

"it's okay it looks like you needed it," says Conrad.

"Yeah come to think of maybe I did, so how was work," asks nic sitting up on the couch so she could make room for Conrad.

Conrad sits down on the couch next to Nic, he grabs her legs and places them on his lap.

"work was great but I was distracted because I couldn't see you and make sure you were doing as you were told," says Conrad.

"oh is that why mina came round today," asks nic?

"yes but she offered and I accepted since I knew you would be happy with the company," says Conrad.

"oh I was but then she made me eat and then she took my blood pressure" answers nic.

"wait she did your blood pressure I will speak to her about that and she made you eat did you manage to keep it down," says Conrad amused at what mina did.

"yes for your information I kept the toast down that you forced me to eat, and then mina made me soup and I kept that down to" answers nic.

"good I will look for something different for dinner but I do have to ask how was your blood pressure today," asks Conrad?

"oh it was fine probably all the sleep I have been having," says nic.

"good well how about I order in maybe a Chinese takeaway then, you can relax on the couch lay in my arms" suggests Conrad.

"that sounds like a great idea but I must warn you I fall asleep at the moment I don't have much energy," says nic.

"well you are growing another human being and when our child is born it will take after you with your gorgeous looks and intelligent brain," says Conrad.

"yeah it will but there again it could have your beautiful eyes and smile, and if that's so then our child will be a heartbreaker like its daddy," says nic.

"well I have another suggestion I order the food and then when the food arrives  we can talk about our child and what we both want," says Conrad.

"okay go order then," says nic.

Conrad does what the mother of his unborn child wants he picks up the phone and he orders the take out, once he is finished on the phone he takes his spot next to Nic.

"so what do you want our child to have," asks Conrad?

"first if its a girl I would like to name her Jessie after my sister," says nic.

"that is a wonderful idea and I want that to but what about if we have a boy then," asks Conrad?

"I don't know I haven't decided," says nic.

before they could continue there conversation the doorbell rang.

"ill get the door that will be the dinner you stay put and rest," says Conrad getting up from the couch.

Conrad gets up he answers the door, he pays for the food, once he got the food he loses the door, and he walks to the living room grabbing two plates as he walks to the couch where his girlfriend sat waiting patiently for him to serve the food so they could talk, he sits down once he organized the take out boxes dinner was served.

"so what do you want to talk about," asks Nic?

"okay so being pregnant for us two as a couple isn't new but maybe we can do things better than last time" explains Conrad.

"you mean me to talk to you if I think something is wrong," says nic.

"no but lets be honest with each other and come to me if there is anything wrong and do as the doctors tell you, like when to rest," says Conrad.

"fine I will and you need to give me space when I need it and don't mollycoddle me when we are working," says nic.

"fine I will and you do know I only mollycoddle you at work is because I care and love you and our little Jessie," says Conrad.

"fine know lets finish this conversation so we can eat before it all gets cold," says nic.

Conrad and nic continue eating once all the food was finished, they cleaned up the containers and packaging up, and soon the two went to bed so Nic could sleep.