⚡︎ 43 ⚡︎

Leone's POV:

Leone's POV:

"I-"

"Did you not listen to what Skyller said?" Shawn questions, still holding onto me. Not strong enough to hurt me, but enough so that I couldn't slip away so easily. "This- this whole idea is noble, but it's wrong. We're messing with time. It's dangerous. I know you can take care of yourself, but not for a cause that is in the past. Cedric is dead, and perhaps it was for a reason. Maybe saving him will have consequences beyond we imagine. It's not our place to meddle with time."

I take a deep breath, trying to rationalize my thoughts. I myself couldn't really understand why my body begged me to go and follow Albus and Scorpius, why my gut feeling told me that it's what we should do.

"I- I think my dad would have done this, Shawn," I say.

"You think he would meddle with time?"

"I think that he wouldn't hesitate to jump into a situation to save someone's life." I carry on. Shawn's features soften just a tad, slight understanding settling in, but not enough to let me go.

"Leo, you don't need to follow your dad's every footstep. You are your own person, and-"

"I know, but this... need is a part of me too. I feel it every day." And I can't really explain it further. It's this pull that makes me not think twice before jumping in the middle of a confrontation, such as when I see students being bullied by others, whether it is a friend or not. Doing something is just part of me, and this includes this one time. Even if it means jumping from a moving train, stealing a Time-Turner and changing the past.

As my thoughts thunder around my mind, Shawn and I fall into silence, as he continues piercing my eyes with his soft brown one. The only sounds are that of the Trolley witch as she passes down the corridor, announcing to students what she has on sale, and of the last shuffles against the wall as Scorpius reaches the roof.

"Sorry Shawn, I have to go," I say, and manage to cleave myself away, following Scorpius' path out of the window. As I reach the roof, the wind whistles in my ears, and my roaring hair makes it hard to see my surroundings. I manage to tie my hair back, to see Scorpius trembling back at Albus.

"Ok, now we're in the roof of a train, it's fast, it's scary, this has been great, I feel like I've learnt a lot about me, something about you, but-"

"I think we are close enough to St. Oswald's Home for Old Witches and Wizards, where Amos is. Look, that lake- we can use it as a back-up in case our cushioning charm does not work." He points down the horizon, and indeed, I can see the ever-approaching body of water.

"Good thinking, Albus," I comment. Albus and Scorpius both turn to see me, and the former looks quite surprised I came. A twinkle of courage sparks further in his eyes. Meanwhile, Scorpius' trembles slow down, as if relieved by my sight. "Do you already have a plan for getting the Time-Turner?"