Chapter 6

Nova woke up, it was the first day of training, she stretched while the afternoon sun soaked her pelt in warm sunlight. Luna's ear twitched, cocking her head towards Nova.

"You really slept there all night?" Luna said, concern placed on her face.

"Yeah." Nova nodded.

"Ugh, anyways. Ready for training?" Luna asked.

"Yeah." Nova responed, getting up. Luna nodded and padded off into the assistant's den. Nova jumped off the den and sat, flexing her claws out of boredom. Luna walked up to Nova and motioned her head in a "c'mon, let's go" motion. Nova got up and followed Luna, the assistants trailing behind.

The group of cats arrived to a different arena, this one bigger and has dark grey stones instead of tree roots. The clearing was sandy, but had large bits of gravel mixed in with it. A small waterfall broke through the rocks, falling into a small pond. A large mountain was behind the waterfall, bringing in fresh water for the waterfall to keep on living. Nova looked around, it seemed as if the arena had been a shot for a movie.

"You guys knew about this place? Why even bring me here for it?" Nova asked.

"We found it a year before, apparently it was used as an arena, where cats would watch other cats fight to the death." Luna responded. "We brought you here in case Tykon thought we were going to train you back at the main arena."

"How do you know all this?" Nova meowed.

"One of my old assistants recognized it, he had flashbacks of watching the cats battle. Sadly, he's passed on, he was pretty old. But we remember him by looking at this mark we made for him." Luna motioned her tail over to one of the rocks. She padded over to it, sitting down. Nova followed up behind, looking at the rock. She read it aloud.

"Oscar." Nova muttered. "I'm guessing that's his name."

"Yep." Luna mewed, pausing for a moment before she began. "Anyways." Luna turned away, padding over to the center of the arena. "I'm going to teach you some moves I haven't taught Tykon, if I remember all of them."

"Can't you just teach me the normal moves?" Nova asked.

"He'll know how to fight back if you use the normal moves." Luna meowed in a stern tone. Nova opened her mouth to talk back, but had no proper argument. "Here's the first move."

"Okay." Nova nodded.

"This is kind of like the first move I taught you, but not really." Luna said, getting into a battle stance. "So you jump behind them, and wait for them to turn around, then you jump behind them again and pounce on them, like this." Luna proceeded to jump behind Nova, jumped back in front of Nova, Luna spun around and pinned Nova down. Nova's belly was facing the ground, Luna got off of Nova and nodded. "Now you try."

"Uhm.." Nova mapped out what she would be doing. "Okay." Nova sprang to land behind Luna, quickly turning around. Luna was already turned around, running at her. Nova quickly jumped, Luna tripped, falling on her stomach. Nova swiftly pounced Luna, holding her down with her paw. "You okay?" Nova asked.

"Yeah, you were just that quick." Luna let out a small laugh, pushing Nova off. "Now I'm going to really try." Luna got up, shaking herself off. Nova returned to her spot, ready for the next round. She flexed her claws, thinking. Luna ran at her and Nova jumped over her out of panic. Luna shot her body back around as Nova leaped over, quickly turning around scrambling to pin down Luna. They both rolled over until Nova was standing over Luna, her paw softly placed on her head. Luna praised Nova as she got on her paws. Nova returned to her spot.

The sun was about to set, orange rays were gently feathering throughout the sky. Nova was exhausted after a long day of training. Luna walked alongside Nova, she didn't seem that exhausted. Luna's assistants were following behind, looking around cautiously. They walked back into the woods, returning to the hill.