prologue

A young green-haired teen looks down at his wrist and sees the mark staining his skin. To most, this is a mark of hope, to one day fall in love and get married to some who is perfect for them but to Izuku, it is a reminder that his future is already written in the stars. 

You see young Midoriya has the soul mark of a dragon wrapped around a sword, since the young man was a swordsman in training he imagines the sword is from his personality so that must mean his mate, the one that the universe said was perfect for him, is a dragon, and a high one at that because of the complexity of his mark.

Under a normal circumstance, Midoriya would not care about the race of his mate but due to the fact that the dragon and human kingdoms have been at war for the past decade with no indication of an end in sight, having a dragon as a mate would be seen as "somewhat" problematic for someone whose dream is to serve and protect his kingdom.

the fated mark appeared on the greenettes skin on his 15th birthday as the norm, however, once he first saw the mark he lied and continued on as if he had never gotten it at all. With most of the adults in his village fighting in the war, there was not much question about it.

 He has always worn log tops and handkerchiefs around his wrists to conceal the unwanted ink however Midoriya knows that it cannot be hidden forever and soon his mate may come looking for him as in the stories he heard tend to suggest the dragons are fairly territorial creatures, but so do humans tend to be at times.

That is said to how the war started, although Midoriya had only heard rumours of there being land on their borders which used to belong to the elvish race, they moved off it because of a better finding, it was opened to be claimed. Both kingdoms wanted ad both were too stubborn to back down or "show weakness" the war started over it and hasn't stopped since.

The world Midoriya lives in is one of magical and majestic creature, the humans are one of the weakest and have a short life span, however, this means the breed more and the largest population out of all, the don't hold much magic so they are almost never hunter by other races. 

There is the elf race which has one of the longest life spans and has the hardest time reproducing, so they have smaller number s but have some of the best and greatest skilled professionals in the lands.

Mermaids and sirens and governed by the same monarchy and often breed with each other. there is less known about them as they cannot leave the water and the sirens are deadly and vicious animals but as they can not leave the water they are not usually seen as a threat by other species. A manmade scale can be used in a lot of different and powerful spells and they are at times hunted for them

There is the fae or pixie race which are ones who re small winged creatures who usually live in forests among the trees and are very good at hiding their colonies. they are often hunted for there wings as they are very beautiful and are made into jewellery for rich.

The last race is the one of the dragon and Midoriya has been restricted to learn much about them because of the war but he doesn't know that they are a very powerful creature that can fly and breath fire. Some can trance form into a human form, but they have been hunted for there scales to cast complex spells and make expensive clothing.

Each being which is able to hold magic, all the one that was listed, have a soulmark and a soulmate. On your 15th birthday, it appears somewhere on your body and it is a mixture between you and your partner's essence. They are your true love and all soulmate or mates for short, meat in their lifetime and it is said that once you meat you feel a pull to the other person.

The mark its self is the colour of your soulmate's eyes, but they both have the same image, just different colours, not two pries of soulmates have had the same mark. Mates between races are rear but not completely unheard of. If two different species breed, their children will be half breeds and if a half breed full breed has a baby the will be a full breed.

Midoriya found most of this out once he got his mark and found out his mate was of a different race. He is currently 16 and lives alone since both his parents are away fighting in the war. He lives in a small cottage on the outskirts of town and runs a small farm and trains sword fighting in all his spare time when he was younger he was trained by an old man named Toshinori Yagi who also helped rase Midoriya when his parents left.

He was a great swordsman in his day but got hurt in a fight and was never truly able to recover, then passed away when Midoriya was 14. However, he still looks up and wishes to be like him when he's old enough to leave his village.

________________________________________________________________

907 words

Thank you all so much for reading and this chapter is a bit of background and I'm sure you can see where the story is gong and the interesting stuff will begin in the next chapter. If you didn't realise the chapters cover (picture at the top) is Midoriyas soulmarks, which is the same as bakugos but green. I hoped you liked it and please commit and tell me any improvement I can make or any suggestions on how the story may go. None of the cover or chapter art is mine and if it's yours I will credit you.

Thanks for reading!!!!!