Speckles soared higher and higher with each wing beat. Dad doesn't like me flying when he isn't around but I don't like it when he gets Angel, Luna, or Aurora to watch me. Once she got fairly high Speckles heard wingbeats behind her. She glanced over and saw a cat unfamiliar.

The cat was all black and had very red eyes that looked to be dripping blood. It had sharp wings that didn't have feathers. Speckles was too scared to focus on flying and her wings just stopped flapping. 

Speckles tried to start flapping her wings again but she couldn't move them! 'What is going on!!!'  she quickly flipped so her back was facing the ever-nearing ground. 'Dad told me that staying calm is the first step to fly'  Speckles took a few deep breaths. she felt the wind brush past her as she fell, the scent of flowers and cats getting closer. Speckles quickly whipped around and forced her wings to open. 

The wind halted her up a little. It felt like breaking through ice when Speckles forced her wings to flap... she didn't even know what happened. 'normally I fly just fine.' She turned quickly and dove through a nearby cloud. The fluff of the cloud helped her wings ease up as she started to carefully glide down to the mainland. 

'Dad said feather cats shouldn't go to the mainland because monsters are there but I just need a quick rest. I'll only be there a few seconds, I'll be in and out.'  Speckles gently landed on the green ground and was surprised by the soft yet prickle nature it had. she sighed softly and laid down in the green prickly stuff. 

"I don't know why dad thinks this place is so bad... just get some guards to protect us from the monsters then it'll be ok."