Chapter-10

Jameson

"I'm driving, so make it fast," I said to Andrew driving back home after a crazy work day.

"Where are you going, did you like my surprise?" He questioned me and I am puzzled.

"Home and what surprise are you talking about?" I asked him stopping at the red light.

"Oh, shoot! I am a dead rat. Amaya has been waiting at your office from 7, it's almost 10 now." he said with fear evident in his voice.

Amaya? As in my Amaya?

Where did my Amaya come from? What's wrong with me?

What is she doing in my office? It's almost 10:20 everyone would have left by now and all the doors will be locked.

"What are doing out till now? Your schedule shows that you would be back in the office by 7," he asked me panicking.

Why is he worried about her?

"The meeting got extended so I had to stay and what is she doing in my office?" I asked him.

"She wanted some help from you, she asked me to ask you, but I set it up, so you guys can have some alone time."

"Dude get back to the office fast. I tried calling her from my other phone, but she is not picking up my call," he said.

Why is she not taking his call I'm starting to get worried? What if something bad happens to her?

I want her to be okay. I floored the accelerator with worry and panic and raced through the traffic to reach her.

"Don't worry nothing will happen to her, remember she punched me and the kid at the school? She can protect herself. Let me go back to the office and check up on her." saying that I cut the call calming myself and Andrew.

All kinds of bad thoughts were entering my mind as I parked the car.

The office building was pitch dark, looks like no one is in the building. I hope she is okay, thinking of all these I went to my office all the lights were on.

My heart slowed down after looking at her, She is sleeping on the 3-seater couch with her knees to her chest in a fetal position.

Thank god, she is okay! so I texted Andrew that she was alright and sleeping. I knelt near her face and tucked a hair strand near her ear which was covering her face.

I want to see her face and I hate her hair for covering that beautiful face.

"I'm up, I'm up Don't pour water on me," she yelled waking up from her sleep.

she looked so funny and cute with all the messy hair. She rubbed her eyes and realized that she is in my office and looked at me like she was looking at an alien.

"Not funny, stop laughing I thought it was my cousins trying to wake me up." she hissed and nudged me back which made me land on my butt.

"Move, I have to go somewhere," she said trying to get up from the couch as there was no place to stand.

"I heard that you were here to talk to me, where are you going now?" I asked her holding her hand to stop her from leaving. Her fingers were freezing cold.

"Mr. Browne! I have to pee, so please move I will come back." she pleaded which made me move and she ran towards the door.

Weird! I never heard anyone say that they have to pee to my face. Why is she like this? And what kind of grown woman says pee out loud.