beautiful creature

~you ask katherine to show her true being~

katherine and i had just gotten together a month ago, and this morning she told me her darkest secret. when she revealed how old she actually is, and what she is, i nearly choked on my kool-aid and she judged me about how i drink kool-aid in the morning sometimes. i gave her a playful glare, then told her i accepted her no matter what.

we went throughout the day doing our own things. even though i was pretty busy, i couldn't shake off the curiosity of how she looked in 'full vamp mode' as katherine calls it. so, once i got to my shared house with elena, i go straight to my room to find a bed-ready katherine on our made up mattress already waiting for me. she looks up and gives me a smile, and pats my side of the bed, signaling for me to lay with her. "hold on," i say quietly and i quickly get into comfortable clothing and lay beside her. she immediately pulls me into her arms, engulfing me in a loving embrace. i sigh contently at the affection and she pulls away slightly.

"how was your day?" she asks.

"it was alright. better now that i'm with you." i kiss her cheek and she blushes.

"i could say the same." she keeps her smile.

i smile back and admire her for a few seconds. when i catch her eyes glancing down at my lips, i wet them in reflex and she looks back up, blushing again. i hesitantly lean closer, my lips hovering dangerously close over hers, and she closes the gap making butterflies erupt in my stomach. the kiss quickly became heated and katherine came up to straddle my lap and pulls away, do to the lack of air. she looks at me with an amount of admiration that takes my breath away each time. how did i score such a beauty? then i remember what i was thinking about earlier.

"may i ask you something?" i ask.

"of course, you can. always," she reassured, easing my nerves.

"can y-you, uhm, show me?"

she tilts her head. "show you what, my love?"

"your true form."

she smiles and puts her head down, making her curly chocolate locks fall in front of her face, hiding her from me. she looks up slowly, revealing dark eyes and vein-like features running underneath them.

"woah," i state, my breath taken away.

"i know," she looks down ashamed. "i'm a monster."

i shake my head quickly in disapproval. "no. don't say that." i sternly say.

"what? it's true. it's disgusting the way i live. i hate this stupid, horrid face. it's monstrous." she tears up. "i didn't ask for this life. it made me ugly."

my heart breaks at how she thinks of herself. "stop." i hold her face gently, getting her attention. "you are not ugly. you are not horrid. and you are not a monster. i don't care what people say. i see right though you, kat. you are a beautiful creature that has been hurt too much. you just do what you need to survive. always remember that." she smiles down at me warmly and runs her hand down my forearm.

"what did i ever do to deserve you?" she asks nonchalantly. i shrug playfully and she giggles and hugs me tightly.

the rest of the night was spent with her telling me all her stories and experiences she's had. she kept suggesting for me to sleep and continue in the morning, but i refused, being to invested in her.