→ spoon tricks

i took one final look at the mirror and shrugged, satisfied with how i looked. i was using a pair of black jeans with a tanktop and a flannel over it.

i was going on a date with the infamous zach dempsey. i'm still convinced that he is trying to win a bet, and that's the reason why he's taking me out to dinner.

because that's just who zach dempsey is and why would he want to go out with me?

before i could call him to cancel the date, my mom walked in my room. "zach is here," she said with a smile.

our mom are friends with each other, and that was why my mom knew him already.

i cursed under my breath but grabbed my bag anyways, walking downstairs to meet zach. he was standing in the middle of my living room, dressed in his usual letterman jacket and a pair of jeans.

"let's go," i called out to him.

his eyes snapped over to where i was standing, and immediately walked to where i was. "you look beautiful."

i rolled my eyes. "can we just go?"

he laughed and sighed, but nodded afterwards. he started walking towards the door, saying goodbye to my mom who was in the dining room.

___

we were sitting in rosie's, waiting for our food to come. we were both silent, me playing with the straw of my milkshake.

i contemplated on pulling out my phone, but i decided against it. i didn't want to be here with him, but i still had manners.

"okay, i'm going to show you a really cool trick." his voice cut through the silence.

i snapped my eyes up at him, watching him as he left the table. he came back seconds after with a metal spoon on his right hand.

he sat back down, and i stared at him with confusion.

i watched as he tried to balance the spoon on his nose, squirming his face trying to keep the spoon from falling. he smiled after he managed to make the spoon stay on his nose.

i brushed off the thought of how cute he looked at the moment, even though it was pretty much impossible to do so. "isn't this cool?" he murmured, worried that if he opened his mouth too wide the spoon would fall off.

i rolled my eyes and finally laughed, not being able to keep how it felt to see his expression. i reached over towards him and grab the spoon from his nose.

i put it on mine, and started doing the same as he did.

"no way!" he basically screamed. "i thought i was the only one in liberty high who could do this!" i rolled my eyes while smiling, the spoon still hanging from my nose. "you're officially perfect."

i laughed out loud, eventually giving in to the feeling that i might have feelings for the infamous zach dempsey.