Going Solo

"Adalyn!" Dylan calls for his little sister who in return quickens her pace but Dylan, having a taller stature is able to catch up with Adalyn. "What is it?" Adalyn asks with dead eyes.

"Couldn't you just apologize to Victoria? You know that she is still one of the most precious child in the Magistrate's house and if rumors are to spread that you've hurt her then who knows what will happen." Adalyn eyes Dylan with a dubious look.

"Who do you believe?" Adalyn surprisingly utters making Dylan sigh, "Adalyn I've known you since you were an infant, you've always had a grudge against Victoria and her Mother but we can't do anything about it. Dad can't continue on with his work without a Lady beside him. I know that you're bitter to them and I respect what you feel but there's a time when too much is too much."

Adalyn can't say anything against Dylan since what he just said are the truth.

After the death of her dear Mother, Adalyn had confined herself in her room for a month. Only coming out to visit her Mother's grave everyday and because of that her relationship with her brothers are complicated. Before then she thought that her pain can't get any worse than this but sadly one day her Father came back home with his Mistress, Lady June and Victoria.

She could still clearly remember the bitter sweet smile that June flashes at her as if she were an obstacle to her dreams. Ever since that day, June and Victoria used many means to taint the good name of Adalyn.

In the end Adalyn chose to live with Desmond after her own Father reprimanded her from entering the household until she becomes mature enough to come back. However the Mother and daughter aren't still satisfied with their own fruits and now they are chasing after the engagement of Adalyn and Elliot.

"I see." Adalyn whispers with a bowed head as the memories of her crying all alone in the dark room flashes before her mind, she can't break down right now. Not in front of her brother. "Adalyn..." Dylan tries to reach out for her but she takes a step back, "It's alright brother but let me remind you that I won't be apologizing for the mistakes that I didn't make. I may sound arrogant but it is the truth. Excuse me then." Adalyn bows in respect and continues her way to her room.

"My Lady!" Eva greets with a big smile on her face as soon as Adalyn opens the door. The other maids also rise to greet Adalyn but her pained expression made them lost their etiquette and immediately rush to her side.

"My Lady what's wrong?" Jeanette asks in worry with Eva supporting Adalyn's side. "Come please sit down, My Lady." Eva instructs and leads the dazed Adalyn to the nearest arm chair.

"What happened My Lady?" Marie, who is the most calm out of the two, asks. Then looking at her more closely she sees Adalyn's beautiful pair of hands stained in blood. "Eva get some warm water and Jeanette in My Lady's greenhouse there's a jell that sits on her table. Also, call Luis."

"Yes head maid."

Dab dab dab

Luis continues to wipe the cut on Adalyn's hands and continues on until blood stopped flowing. He applies the jell on her hands and wraps it with a clean cloth.

"You know that I'm not one to meddle into your affairs Lady Adalyn but I'm still gonna ask either way. Care to tell what happened?" Luis presses which surprised Adalyn since he sounds much more mature than Dylan.

Adalyn shakes her head with a crestfallen smile, "It's nothing too big of a deal to be even mentioning."

"Uh huh." Luis says with slit eyes, obviously not believing her lies. If a person were to list down her weaknesses, lying would be on top of the list. She doesn't know if her incapability of lying is due to her life of being an honest doctor or her present blunt personality.

"Moving on, Luis would you join me to the borders of Arran?" Adalyn invites, "Sorry but no." Luis instantly replies.

"What! Why?" Adalyn cries, of all people she thought that Luis is the one who always follows her commands. "Lady Adalyn I am a loyal servant to you but sneaking out of the mansion is drawing the line of my job. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can't last a day out there and I don't want to include myself in troublesome things."

"Hey! Isn't that a bit too offensive!" Adalyn shouts, feeling her pride as a Lady diminish after hearing Luis's thoughts.

"Isn't it that truth though? Remember the time when you went up a burned building and thought it was a good idea to test if it's still good to use?" Luis stares down at Adalyn who is flustered at the idiocracy she did before.

"Uh, well. That's just one ti-" Luis immediately interjects, "Or the time when you got chased by chickens for getting eggs unattended?"

"Well, it's needed to make cookies so...", Once again Luis cuts off Adalyn, "Lady Adalyn I have a long list of all the stupid things you did ever since I've started living here." Luis cruelly says.

"Ugh, I hate you Luis!" Adalyn bawls to tears, "Where is the cute Luis who would always follows me around!?" Adalyn continues to throw a fit of tantrum like how she would in the past.

"Lady Adalyn that is very unbecoming of you." Luis sighs, even though Adalyn is older than Luis by 5 years she still acts like a baby.

"Why would you even want to escape the mansion anyways?"

"I just... I want to avoid Dylan for awhile. I'm still mad at him for assuming that I hurt Victoria. Besides, I also need to go to Finadara soon and why not delay any further than now? So Luis please come with me!" Adalyn practically begs.

"Lady Adalyn, you are very smart but you are not street smart." Adalyn looks at him with a questioning look,

"Is there any difference though?" Luis can't help but smack his palm against his forehead and lets out an exasperated sigh, "Yes, yes there is and if you're still settled on going then  promise me that you'll strictly follow what I say. Out there, you have no title as a Lady, you are merely a commoner travelling with me, clear?" Luis says, finally caving in after hearing Adalyn's reason for going.

"Yes! Very clear." Adalyn gush, finally gaining the consent of Luis.

"Then when do we go?" Luis questions, "Tonight."