Destiny as a Bad Cook

After the recollection of her past, Adalyn is aware that she is living in a story that she once read in her past and sadly her destiny is to die in the hands of her people. Currently in a state of depression because of her dark future she tries to think of ways to avoid her and her family's death but thanks to two individuals, she cannot think of a solution.

"Is Lady Adalyn still there?"  The young maid in the name of Eva asks as she takes a curious peek.

"Yes! Now would you please get out of the way?" The raven haired maid snaps at her annoyingly cute friend who, in return, pouts after being scolded. The two starts to bicker at each other but a white pixie haired beauty intervened.

"The two of you shush! My Lady is still reading." She glares at the two while holding onto the door frame, trying to hide the figure of Adalyn reading by the veranda.

"Marie there's no need to scold them over trivial matters," Adalyn smiles as she gently pats her personal maid to stop glaring at the two, "Jeanette, Eva would you please bring me some more medical books? I am feeling a bit under the weather at the moment and your help will be greatly appreciated." Adalyn flashes a dashing smile at them after their synchronized replies of agreement.

It has been 3 weeks since Adalyn knew of her past and during that time she stayed inside her room with little to no contact to anyone whatsoever. The servants in the mansion finally got their jobs done without the constant mean criticism they received from their Mistress.

After seeing the two weird pair of maids glide to the library, Marie eyes Adalyn suspiciously. Looking at her from head to toe, she couldn't find any  difference with how her Mistress usually poise herself but her demeanor is calm and kind however her face shows a lonely expression. Never had she, in her 8 years saw her Mistress make that kind of face nor does she expect her to actually have other expressions other than her usual angry and haughty face. Somehow seeing her Mistress with that kind smile and desolate emerald green eyes, she can't help but feel heartbroken at such sight.

"Are you alright Marie?" Adalyn asks as she put down her book in worry. "I-It's nothing My Lady," she flails her arm around to atleast look fine to her Mistress but that sent a different message to Adalyn.

"I don't think you are Marie. Tell me, what's bothering you?" She looks at Marie with pleading eyes to make her succumb to her spell. "It's just that... My Lady even though the Crown Prince rejected your invitation, I'm pretty sure that he still cares about you." Marie lies. Everyone in the household knows that the Crown Prince has no feelings for her other than an obligation to fulfill the King's command to marry her. It's just a political marriage.

Little did Marie know that her Mistress is already knowledgeable to how the Prince truly feels for her but instead of correcting her she simply says, "Thank you for your worry Marie but I believe that there is a better man out there for me, right?"

Marie stares at their Mistress with utter shock as she thinks of what to say in this kind of situation. Well she never expected those words to come out from her Mistress's mouth in the first place.

"E-exactly My Lady." She stutters but smiles brightly. 'Finally My Lady can find happiness that the Prince can't even give.' She thinks in delight.

Her line of thoughts are disrupted when the two maids wormed their way in the room, all the while trying to get closer to Adalyn. "You two stop pestering My Lady so much!" Marie scowls as she try to pull away Jeanette and Eva who flock around Adalyn.

"Marie there's no need to restrict them from reading with me rather I really feel comfortable with all of you being here. So will you stay with me this afternoon?" Adalyn asks and while Marie shakes her head, the two other maids exclaimed with great joy a yes.