a special dessert °¦

Christmas au special 2 out of 4 ft. Inosuke x Aoi

Inosuke infiltrates the Butterfly Estate's dessert factory.

here's oneshot number two of the Christmas special series! enjoy ~

Word count: 1.7k words
Warning: UNEDITED

*****

The sound of beeping machines and cupboards being slammed shut shattered the silence inside the Butterfly Estate. It's that time of the holiday season and every single person in the mansion just couldn't sit still. One of which is Kanzaki Aoi.

"Aoi, can you add more frosting to this cake? I'm not that fond of sweets, but the other kids might like it better, especially Nezuko."

The twin-tail haired girl immediately took notice of the cake which Shinobu directed her attention with.

It looks bare as it is, lacking in decorations and appeal.

"Of course, Shinobu-san. I'll take care of it in a sec. Naho-chan, please take out the cookies as soon as the timer comes to a stop. We need to cool it down," she gestures to a young girl with the twin braids, who right away ran into the direction to where the oven is.

"Thanks, Aoi. If you need something, you can call me. I'll check if Tanjirou and the others have arrived already."

"Count me on it!"

It took Aoi a minute to find the frosting hidden beneath a bunch of other dessert toppings inside the kitchen fridge. Shinobu does seem to care about the others' preferences of flavors, but it looks like she herself got a sweet tooth as well, contrary to her telling her patients to avoid sweet stuff as it ruins the condition of their teeth.

Aoi lives with the rich Kochou family. The eldest sister Kanae is working as a fashion designer abroad, and Shinobu is a dentist, the one who took her and allowed her to live with them. Kanao, the youngest sister, is a year younger than her in university, even if they're just in the same age.

Aoi always keeps in mind that she owes a lot to them, so she always does her best for them, even if it's just providing them of delicious pastries.

Once she's done with decorating the cake, she carefully places it inside an empty box and carried it to the chiller fridge to keep it cool. As soon as she's done doing so, she sees Naho placing the tray of freshly-baked cookies.

"They all smell so good. As expected of you, Aoi-san!" Naho exclaims happily as she observes the delicious pastry in front of her. Aoi chuckles.

"It's nothing. I bet you can do the same if you try and practice a lot. Now, I believe we ran out of cream to use for the ref cakes. Guess I need to run quickly to the hypermarket."

Just as Aoi's about to take off her apron, Naho stops her by grabbing the sleeve of her shirt.

"Aoi-san, I can run the errand for you."

"Eh? Are you sure about that?"

The little girl nods, and Aoi smiles at her eagerness to help.

"Alright, I'll leave it to you then. You can take Sumi-chan and Kiyo-chan with you."

"Thank you, Aoi-san! We'll be back immediately~"

Aoi watches as Naho's image disappeared from the kitchen. She then looks back at the tray full of cookies displayed on top of the counter. She places both her hand on her waist, a determined look on her face.

"Looks like we'll have to do a lot of work."

She clasps her hands and took a deep breath before starting to work on decorating the cookies. She took her ready made packets of royal icing and prepared each in different piping bags. She arranged the cookies in a horizontal line on one medium-sized tray.