chapter 8

A/N IM SO SORRY TO EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY READS THIS
I looked back at the text confused,it said it was send a month ago. But all this happen only today,unable to understand. i looked at date on my phone which read November...this made no sense it's the begging of October. I quickly pressed the nurse button as 15 nurses came running into my room.
"mackenzie your awake!" one of them said
"what...wh...what do...you mean?" I asked almost starting to cry.
"they found another tumor in your brain,you've been sleeping for the last month."
they didn't have to say it...but I knew I didn't have much time left.
I looked at my phone to see Alex had answered me amazed that i was awake and that he was coming right away. soon he was there a weak smile on his face.
"hi Kenzie." he said in a whisper.
"Alex?" I asked trying not to cry
"yeah Kenzie?" he answered still whispering.
"please explain to me what happen." I said
"well you passed out during first hour about a month ago today,and were taken to the hospital then sugary right away they...um." he started to say then stop.
"they what?"
"they found a tumor in your brain,and didn't think you were ever gonna wake up."
"but I did."
"I know. Madison's in Pittsburgh." he told me
"Maddie?" I asked not believe my sister would leave her amazing life in New York for me.
"yeah." he answered
"I um gotta go." he said
"bye." I asked
"bye mackenzie ziegler." he said
seconds later Maddie walked in.
"mackenzie!" she said tears streaming down her face.
"mads!" I smiled
"tell me about New York." I say
"well..." she smiled her old smile
"it's wonderful Mackenzie but I'm not going back...." her smiled faded.
"why?"
"because I wanna be with you."
we talked for a while till I fell asleep.
I was right...I'm dying.
I woke up the next morning in horrible pain...I guess this is what dying was like. mom was there all day with me...the day that ended up being my last. it was the moments when all the pain slowly left i knew. I was gone.
"I'm gonna let go now." I told my balling mother.
"mackenzie please."
"mommy." I started to cry.
"goodbye." she said to me
"bye."
the pain was almost all gone now and so was I.
i slowly closed my eyes and then
I was gone.
I wonder what heaven will be like?