capter six

★Ella's pov★:
"where's mackenzie?" I said staring out the windows of my house waiting for her.
"I'm gonna try calling her agin..." Leah said taking her phone.
"it's no use gabby and I have already called her like 15 times and so has Alex and Ty." Jenna sighed
"wait she wasn't answering to even Alex?" I asked
"yeah..." Ty said
"you think she's alright?" gabby asked
"I'm sure her phone just died or something,come on guys it's mackenzie we saw her today at school she's fine." carter tried to assure us.
"carter I don't know." Jenna said nervously
"guys." Alex said waking into the room pale.
"what's wrong?" I said starting to think something was wrong with mackenzie.
"go read Mackenzie's last post on Instagram..." Alex said clearly trying not to cry.
I quickly gabbed my phone and typed into 'mackenziedancer11.' into the search box. I clicked on the photo and read the caption;
"hello everyone this is Mackenzie's mother,we found out earlier that she has cancer...we will try to keep you updated and we ask that you keep her in your prayers."
"oh." I started
"my." Ty counted
"god." Jenna finished
"we need to go to the hospital and see her." gabby said standing up.
"yeah." Alex said still looking as if he was gonna cry.
"MOMMMMM!" I yelled
"what's-what's wrong?" she asking running into the room.
"we need to go to the hospital."
"is-is someone hurt?" she asked still trying to catch her breath.
"our friend mackenzie...she has cancer...and um we need to go see her." Alex said still looking like he was gonna cry.
"um...uh get in the car." mom finally said
the nine kids (us) walked out to the car missing our ten...mackenzie.
we all sat in the car as mom drove unable to talk...it had finally dawned on us...Kenzie is sick,not flu sick worse,she's gonna loss her hair and be very weak. but we would have to be there for her.
everyone was silent and hostly scared for mackenzie.
"kids,stop this sad stuff...I've seen what you can do,if you want something to happen you can make it happen." mom said breaking the silane.
everyone sat there thinking about what mom said...we will make sure mackenzie makes it. before we knew it the hospital was in sight and like Alex everyone went pale. mom stopped the car and asked
"are you sure you wanna do this?"
"yeah." I answered
"ok I'll be back in a hour to pick you all up."
I shut my door and looked at the large building in front of me...the hospital. we walked into the colorful lobby as everyone's nerves dubbed.
"the elevators over there..." Ty said pointing to it
we waked out still unable to talk
"hello were looking for Mackenzie's zieglers room." I said to the lady at a desk on the cancer floor.
"I'm sorry but miss ziegler cannot have visitors right now unless it's family."
we walked away not sure what to do know.
"did we honestly just come here to get told that we can't see her?" carter said starting to how one of his "speeches"
carter walked up there agin and said something,the lady smiled and pointed him at some doors.
"come on." he said starting walk
"how the hell?" Ty asked.
"I said we were her siblings." carter laughed.
everyone got quit as we reached a door that carter informed us was Mackenzie's.
"Alex go in first." I ordered.
"fine." he said slowly opening the door.
about ten minutes latter he came out paler than before.
"come on." he told us.
we filled the room.
"I'm sorry." she started to cry.
"Kenzie don't be sorry." I told her
"you don't get it! I'm gonna die." she said in a almost yelling voice
"mackenzie ziegler your not gonna die as long as were your friends." Alex smiled
"as were pretty hard to get ride of!" gabby smiled.
"thanks guys." she smiled
"wanna watch a movie?" she asked.
"just not world war z!" carter laughed.
"god your dumb carter..." Jenna rolled her eyes.
we ended up watching the maze runner but pretty much talked instead.
"mackenzie where's your mom?" Leah asked.
"she went home to get my clothing and stuff." mackenzie answered.
"mackenzie?" Alex asked
"yeah?" she answered
"I was wondering..."
"oh my god!!!" Leah Jenna gabby and I squealed.
"if you would wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked
"yeah." she answered smiling.
"finally!" Jackson laughed.
we watched the movie for what seems like hours till that lady came back in telling is it was time to leave we all headed out of the room except for Alex we all starred through the glass door hoping they didn't see us
"bye kenz." he said smiling.
"bye Alex." she said with a soft smile
he kissed her on the cheek and came out into the hallway.
"did you guys just watch that?" Alex said oddly.
"possibly." we laughed.
we headed out the car,
everyone a bit more scared,a bit more upset and a bit more inspired.