Chapter 12: Relaying Information

Weeks passed. The semester came to a close.

Izuku had kept up his merciless workout routine every day, watching his weight, diet, and even his sleep schedule.

On occasion, when he stayed out late and heard local disturbances (burglaries, muggings, domestic violences), he would pull out his suit from his backpack, and shoot the offender down to immobilize them before they got too far.

One, or two times, his aim was off and the offender died too quickly.

Still, he kept this schedule, and this behavior every day and night.

Izuku also remained closed off from his foster home, his classmates in high school. Anyone and everyone he knew. Yet somedays, he would watch from afar as Ochako Uraraka would get off of her train and walked home.

"It just seems so....evil."

She seemed so terrified of the idea.

He was no villain. No matter what, he won't let himself stoop to that degree. Villains are selfish. They kill because they can, because it's fun. Izuku killed because it was necessary. Because they took his mother, and several other people who have families and friends grieving their disappearance.

He stopped his thought process.

He failed, and yet he hasn't attempted to save those people since. He hadn't attempted to go back and finish off those villains.

The boy got an idea and followed after Uraraka.

"Hey!" He called. "Uraraka-san!"

The girl recognized his voice and refused to turn around. "Don't follow me!" She called back.

"Wait, please! I wanted to ask you something!" Izuku pleaded. He ran up and stopped right in front of her, making her jump.

He was a bit close as well, causing her to grow a small blush in her cheeks.

"I can't talk, Midoriya. I have to pack for a camping trip."

"Oh?" He asked.

"Yes. UA is having a camp for our classes to increase our abilities as heroes." She said rather impatiently, to answer his question so he would let her go.

"That'll be good. And it sounds like a safe place to do it too... Wh-What with all the recent villain attacks and such..." Izuku said.

Uraraka glared at him. "Yeah..."

"D-Do you know if the League of Villains is responsible for all those Noumu monsters?" He asked.

"Yes. They are. But they haven't done anything since those three Noumu they unleashed in Hosu were destroyed." Uraraka said.

Izuku gulped. "Wh-What if I knew where they're keeping people to turn into Noumu?"

Uraraka narrowed her eyes, tightening her brow. "I wouldn't want to believe you. I don't know why I would. But I might...believe you.... You should report it to the police."

Izuku sighed.

"I'm serious, Midoriya! That's huge! If you actually legitimately found something that big, you should report it. I know you think the police and heroes aren't fast at responding to these things... But the situation in Hosu and the USJ months back... Most of Japan is looking out for the League of Villains." She explained.

"It's just...not that easy." He sighed. "What if they're using the time to start something really big? Make more Noumus and probably something worse?"

"May I ask how you found out about this stuff?" She asked him.

Izuku lowered his head in shame. For once in a long time, he found someone he didn't want to disappoint anymore. Someone to tell what's on his mind, and yet, someone to keep secrets from.

"I can't believe you would find out about this stuff and not tell anybody... What is going through your head? If you're killed, then that's it... Everything you know will die with you."

"I saw...in an old factory...near the coast... They have kidnapped dozens of random people, with decent Quirks... And they were turning them all into those things..." He sniffed. "I saw my mother there..."

Uraraka gasped. "Izuku... If you won't tell anyone about this...." She sighed. "Then please tell me, okay? Your....Your secret will be safe with me, just tell me everything you know. I can relay the information to All Might and the pro-heroes."

He proceeded to explain to her, on that sidewalk with no one around, everything he saw that night he infiltrated the villains' lair. He purposefully left out certain details, such as the specific villains he wanted to kill.

"So you pretended to be a low-level thug and let them take you?" She asked.

"I bet they've bulked up their system now. They probably don't let in just anyone anymore." Izuku assumed.

"Well... Th-Thank you for telling me this. I want to keep your side of it a secret for your sake, but how?" Uraraka asked.

More importantly, what made her feel this way that she didn't want to completely expose him as well?

Izuku thought for a moment then looked up at her. "Tell them the Hero Killer told you, out of pity for your friend... He's tied to the League, isn't he?"

"N-Not completely. His ideals and the League's ideals aren't really the same." She corrected. "But the story could work."

"That's good." Izuku nodded. "Thank you..."

Uraraka forced a smile. "I don't like what you do, Izuku Midoriya... But you seem like a good boy. And your knowledge may give us an upper hand." Her smile slowly grew more genuine to him.

Izuku smiled back. "Good luck on your camping trip." He said.

"Thanks!" She cheered, nearly jumping back to her bubbly personality. "I'll see you around Izuku!"

"See you..." Izuku smiled and waved as she started to walk past him and down the sidewalk.

When she was out of his view, his smile dropped.

Soon, she would relay the information to the heroes. As slow as they have been in the past to respond to crucial situations, Izuku felt that they cared a little more about this one. He didn't have much time left.

The boy rushed back and threw his costume on with one mission: To find a way back into that factory one way or another, and finish off all the villains assigned to kidnap innocent lives. And if he had time, the villains responsible for actually turning them into monsters.

And the sun wasn't even completely set yet.