Prologue

After making love for hours, Alex and Norma lay naked together, sweaty and completely fulfilled. Her head rested on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and lazily tracing circles on his torso, while he lovingly ran his hands through her messy curls. Neither of them spoke, both exhausted and overwhelmed with emotion.

It was only their second time making love since they married. Although passionate, the first time was...well awkward for lack of a better term. Both were hesitant and shy, nervous about taking this next step in their undefined friendship, unsure of what the other was thinking.

But this time was different. This time, the three years of built up sexual tension, combined with the exciting events of the day finally came to a head. And at last they unleashed onto each other with reckless abandon all of the physical and emotional chemistry they had been privately carrying for each other for so long. It was everything she'd ever dreamed it would be with him and more...so much more.

As she lay with him, her fingers intertwined with his, her nose pressed against his chest breathing in his manly scent, she knew that she was home. He was all she wanted. Forever. And he felt exactly the same.

"Norma" he whispered in the dark.

She jumped slightly. She'd begun to doze and thought he'd fallen asleep. Raising her head sleepily from his chest, she caught his intense gaze and smiled fondly at him. "Hm?"

"Will you be my girl?" He said quietly.

She giggled at first. But when she looked at him closer, she saw that he was serious, nervous even. It was somewhat of a strange question. After all, they were already married. They had known each other for years. But their love story, Alex and Norma's, was only just beginning. She knew precisely what he meant.

Her blue eyes filled with tears and she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him closer and burying her face in the crook of his neck.

She placed her hand tenderly on his cheek and pressed her forehead to his.  "I've always been your girl Alex." She murmured.

Deep down, he knew she was right and he let out a content sigh, wrapping his arms around her and squeezing her tight. From the moment they met on the motel porch, he was hers and she was his. They had always belonged to each other, even though they waited this long to say it.

It was such a shame that they waited. A love like theirs should have had more time. It certainly felt like forever that night as they fell asleep safe in each other's arms. Neither of them could have ever guessed that in only two and a half short weeks, Alex would be imprisoned. And the love of his life would be dead.
....................................................................................

Follow me @travelbabe76
Vote 4 me!!! ❤️❤️❤️