Love Notes

After the drama with Rebecca and their passionate night together, Norma woke the next morning having slept better than she had in years. She was pleasantly surprised to find herself still wrapped in Alex's arms. She had never cared much for snuggling. She felt it to be an unrealistic fairy tale that benefited no one. But with Alex, it wasn't uncomfortable. It was nice. His nooks fit perfectly into every one of her crannies, just like a puzzle. It was like they were made for each other.

After waking, she lay there, studying his sleeping face and enjoying the warmth of his body. He was so ridiculously handsome. Hesitantly, she reached out and ran her hand lightly down his cheek, feeling a hint of stubble. She felt so much love for him in this moment, as well as terror and exhilaration and an insane desire to make him pancakes.

Observing him the other morning, she could see that he wasn't a big breakfast eater. But she hated the thought of him being hungry and cranky throughout the day. So he was going to have to get over it. She knew he had been super single before her. He had no one to cook for him or make him feel loved and cared for. Well now he had her and she was more than happy to take on the job. He's already had my pancakes, she thought to herself, still stroking his cheek. French toast...she would make him French toast.

He chose that moment to open his eyes. Embarrassed, she quickly pulled her hand away. He smiled when he saw her. "Hi."

"Hi," she answered shyly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mm," he nodded, reaching out to pull her close. "Better than I have in years."

Feeling happy, she burrowed close to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Same." She buried her face in his chest, breathing him in. His musky scent aroused her senses. Her hands unconsciously wandered up around his neck. She buried her fingers in his dark hair, pulling him closer.

He responded eagerly to her touch, kissing her slowly as his hands snaked down her naked body. She could feel his manhood pressed hard against her. He wanted her too. Pleased, she pulled the blanket over their wanting bodies and opened her legs, allowing him to settle in between them. Sensuously, she offered him her neck and he nibbled it, as he slid slowly inside of her. Moaning she tightened her legs around him. He couldn't remember the last time he woke up to such wonder. She made him feel like the luckiest man alive.

After their extremely satisfying session, she made him her famous French toast, as well as eggs and bacon. She sipped her coffee watching him as he tasted it and looked at her in amazement.

"This is the best French toast I've ever had," he said sincerely. She blushed with pleasure.

"I'm glad you like it."

He noticed she had no plate and looked at her, puzzled. "Aren't you going to eat with me?"

"Well...I'm not that big of a breakfast person. I just want to make sure you get enough to eat. You need your strength."

But Alex shook his head, displeased. "So do you." Leaning behind him, he opened the silverware drawer and retrieved a fork. He handed it to his wife and pushed his plate in the middle of the table, silently ordering her to share with him.

Norma's heart skipped a beat. Neither of her other husbands ever cared whether or not she ate, just as long as their dinner was on the table like clockwork. This was a first for her. She didn't argue with Alex...she just smiled and began eating. Turns out, she was starving and it was delicious.

When it was time for him to leave for work, she walked him to the door and handed him a thermos full of hot coffee. They stood smiling awkwardly at each other. She could see that he was just nervous as she was. Finally, he leaned forward and placed a shy kiss on her cheek. "Have a good day," he said softly, staring at her with affection.