Back at work

4 days later Ruby was heading to work with Lev. She was going to take Harmony to the crèche. Lev was staying at Ruby's in the spare room. He walked downstairs to Ruby asleep on the sofa with Harmony in her arms awake but quietly babbling to herself Lev looked at the clock they had to be at work in 45 minutes. He picked Harmony up and Ruby woke up "its time for work Rubes" he said she nodded sitting up rubbing her eyes. "She doesn't stop crying Lev" she said sitting back "you should wake me up I'll have her" he said "no, no she's not your responsibility" she said "I'm here to help" he said she nodded "come on" he said holding her hand and helping her up. They got dressed and headed to work. Lev walked into the staff room whilst Ruby took Harmony to the crèche "where's Rubes?" She asked "she's just taking Harmony to the crèche" he said sitting down "how's she coping?" She asked "she's doing alright, better than she thinks she's doing, she's going to be a really good mum to that little girl" he said she smiled and walked over to the kettle making herself a cup of of coffee. Ruby walked down the steps and into the staff room "hi" smiled Jan "hi" she said sitting down on the sofa Jan passed her a cup of coffee "struggling?" She asked Ruby shook her head she looked like she was going to fall asleep then. "How much sleep did you get last night?" She asked "I don't know, 2 maybe 3 hours" she said "are you alright to work?" She asked Ruby nodded "of course" she smiled Jan nodded and walked back into her office. They went out to the ambulance and started their day. They got through the day as normal only more tired and then went and picked Harmony up from the crèche taking her home. The next few weeks passed and Ruby couldn't find Violette anywhere she had almost given up hope looking for her she clearly didn't want her baby and as much as Ruby was far from being a mother and she was never going to give up looking she was all Harmony had and she had to be the best figure she could for her.