1. To Us a Child is Born

Thanks for joining me as we countdown to Christmas, remembering the One who is the greatest gift of all!

It's me again God,

I love You and thank You for the joy of being in Your presence today. I rejoice in Your goodness and grace and am so blessed to be able to read Your Word and know that You still speak to me, like You did to the prophet Isaiah, hundreds of years before Jesus was born:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How amazing it is to know that this prophecy was fulfilled in the birth of Your Son Jesus! This is something that most of the world does not know as the festive season approaches. The focus is on so many other things that have taken the excitement away from the coming of Your Son! I love the way the passage ends stating that Your passionate commitment would make this happen —and it did! How crazy that during this special time of the year,  the thing that seems to bring the most excitement to children is the thought that a man in a red suit is coming to bring gifts! I feel so sad that for many, they miss out on the joy of knowing the One who was coming —bringing the greatest gift of all to our world!

What an amazing prophecy this was and I'm sure that there is much that I haven't even appreciated as I have read these verses over the years. So much is conveyed in the fact that Jesus would be born, not just appear as a man. He would appear as a vulnerable baby in His mother's arms and yet He would reign, establishing and upholding His kingdom forever!

The very glory of who Jesus is and what He has done for me, fills me with wonder and I can see why this was one of the characteristics that Isaiah spoke of.  You are Wonderful! Thank You Jesus that everything about You fills my heart and mind with amazement!

Jesus You are the One who came to guide my life —You are my Counsellor.  You are always there to help me through my problems —often through the presence of a caring Christian friend!

Thank You Father for sending Jesus as the Mighty God —the God of all creation and glory, the LORD who reigns in heaven. You are so worthy of our worship and our praise! Many did not understand that Jesus came as part of the God head who had always existed and was there at the beginning when the earth was created! This is also seen in the descriptive words —Everlasting Father.

I praise You Jesus for You came as our Prince of Peace and You reign over all! This helps me to remember that the enemy, Satan has no power or authority over me! Jesus, You calm all uneasy feelings which have no place in my life. You bring peace to every situation! You reign forever —there is no end to Your rule! Thank You Jesus for coming and being my personal Saviour!

Until You return or I go to be with You,
Amen.