12. Signs

It's me again God,

I was stunned by the beauty of the cloud formations yesterday afternoon and reminded of a promise in Your Word. While all the focus at this time of the year is on Jesus' first coming as a baby, Jesus spoke very clearly on the fact that He will come again! Although we don't know the day or hour, we do know He will definitely come and there will be a sign:

""Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is a sign that will bring great mourning to people on earth as they realise that time has run out and Jesus, the Son of Man has returned as He said He would, coming with 'power and glory'!

Still dazzled by the bright light, the shepherds listened intently to the angel's Good News:

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.""
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:11-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for sending Jesus to be our Saviour, as this world surely needs saving! The angel clearly identifies Him as being the anointed One, the Messiah and there was a sign the shepherds were to look for —a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.  What a humble beginning for Your Son, placed in what seems a very lowly position —such an amazing contrast to the way Jesus will come the second time, with 'power and glory'.

Many missed the signs that You provided, pointing to the Saviour of the world and still today as the Good News goes out to every nation, many people carry on with their busy lives and keep missing the significance of the sign that You came down to be 'God with us'. This seems so ridiculous when Christmas carols are playing everywhere!

Away in a manger no crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head
The stars in the bright sky looked down where he lay
The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.

Please help me to take time to speak to others of Your first coming and all that it means for us now and for all eternity. May my loved ones and friends know the joy of believing that You died for them on the Cross and rose from the dead —accepting You as their Lord and Saviour.  This would be a most perfect Christmas gift!

I am so looking forward to seeing You coming again on the clouds, with power and glory!

Until that day,
Amen.