4.

"The number you have dialed does not exist, please check the number and dial again." I have been dialing my mother's number from Michael's phone all morning but my calls don't go through. Either she changed numbers or something is terribly wrong.
After the R3 million had been paid, we flew back to South Africa, landing in Johannesburg - O.R. Tambo International Airport. It actually turns out that Michael Hobbs, I'm not gonna call him "dad", is a multi-millionaire. I, being the sole heir to the fortune. It would take more than millions to get the love that he didn't deserve. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but his actions were just unjustifiable. However, I did thank him for "buying my freedom" but that is still not gonna settle his debt. Realistically, nothing will bring back all the moments he missed. I had forgiven him immediately after I punched him in the face at that hotel.
"Take me home, I wanna see my family." I could not believe I said those words. Being free seemed like a fantasy but it's once again my reality. I wanted nothing more than to be with my family.
"Let's get you cleaned up first." I forgot I was still dressed in scrubs. Not the cute kind. Ugh, cute? Since when do I use the word "cute"? Weird.
"We need to get you some new clothes." Getting new clothes was the last thing on my mind. I desperately wanted to find my mom."Let's stop by my house, there are some clothes you can wear." I never replied to anything  he said. I was petty like that. An hour later we arrived at his house in Eagle Canon. It was quite an impressive mansion with a modern design but I mentally decided to gawk at it when my mind was at ease. He directed me to a room that wasn't used. There were some clothes in the drawers. Coincedentally they were my size. I wore a plain white t-shirt with some ripped skinny jeans with a pair of matching white Nike Air Forces. I made my way downstairs where Michael was waiting for me at the longue. We barely made conversation. How does one make conversation with their father who abandoned them for years? What would he even talk about?

Bluewater Bay, PE. We arrive at home, my home, and what do we find? The house house is trashed. It has been turned upside down.  I immediately have a bad feeling. Nothing good comes out from your home being ransacked. Michael takes out his gun, ready for any nasty surprises. "Mom!" I race upstairs to my mom's room. It's locked. I kick it down. What I saw made me want to go to the sex trafficking syndicate. "Oh God no." First thing I saw were the words, "Too little, too late..." which were evidently written in blood. On the floor were large spots of dried up blood. From that, the worst was confirmed. Searching the room I found no body. "No no no no! Where's  my mom?" I freaked out. I ran around the whole house like a mad man. "Did you find anything Michael?" Tears welled up in my eyes. "No. I found nothing." I had finally been free from months of slavery. I get home and find my home ransacked, with blood everywhere and my mom nowhere to be found? Had God not decided that I might have had enough?