Chapter 22

Previously on Human Decepticons:

"Who was that?" Kay asks when he's gone.

"Pretty sure that was Optimus Prime" I note.

"Oh... wait what?!"

I chuckle at her oblivious nature and turn to her.

"Come on. Let's get back to the Nemesis before Megs starts to worry"

"Pretty sure he already is. I know you saw Laserbeak, so I know you know he saw you get shot"

"All the more reason to hurry up. Come on, Knockout. We're leaving!"

The three of us leave the gathering and head to a secluded area where a groundbridge opens up in front of us. We enter it with ease and return home to the warship and my likely worried boyfriend.

 We enter it with ease and return home to the warship and my likely worried boyfriend

Y/N POV

The familiar surroundings of the Nemesis appear as we exit the groundbridge. However, the moment I leave Kayla's Lamborghini, I end up walking strait into a firm chest. Looking up at the owner of said chest, I smile innocently.

"Hey Megsy, how are you doing on this beautiful day?" I question perkily.

"You were shot" he frowns.

"What? No. I don't know what you're talking about"

"Show me"

I huff in defeat and carefully slip off my jacket, wincing slightly at the movement. Once the wound is visible, he gently takes my arm and inspects it closely.

"I'm fine, Megs. I've had worse than a bullet to the shoulder before"

"That doesn't change the fact that it's causing you pain"

"I can handle a little bit of pain, but if it'll make you feel better, I'll take some pain relief meds"

A look of satisfaction crosses his features as he smiles while nodding in agreement.

"Come, I'll bandage it up for you" he takes my hand in his and directs me out of the room.

Before we leave hearing range, I faintly hear Kayla ask a question that piques my interest.

"Where's Soundwave and Jessica?"

***

A few hours earlier

3rd Person POV

Shortly after the departure of Kayla and (Y/N), Jessica leaves for the human area after her stomach demanded fuel. Once there, she heads for the kitchen to grab a snack and settles on a lone scotch egg sat in the fridge. She bites into the breaded sausage and egg treat with a satisfied moan. However, she freezes before her second bite when she hears a peculiar sound emanating from her bedroom. Putting down the snack, she cautiously approaches the door, hesitating as her hand holds the door handle.