Chapter 1 - Girlfriends

"You okay Sonja?"

"Yes, I was surprised at how much I wanted to cry. I don't want to leave any of you."

"You know how I feel about your going. I know we are going to miss you. Some of us more than others."

"I'll miss you too Tammy."

"And La Salle?"

"Sure, I'll miss him. We were partners for so long. I 've gotten so use to him."

"Why are you looking at me like that Gregorio?"

"Because you are lying to me and you are not being honest with yourself. You're going to pretend that you didn't notice how quiet he was at the bar? I saw you looking him all night when you didn't think anyone else was watching."

"LaSalle was more than your teammate Sonja. I think he is your soulmate. Do you know what a soulmate is? 'A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet. A connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior.' That's what I saw the first week I observed you and my suspicions only grew over the weeks and months."

"I guess I will always be surprised that he didn't ask you to stay. I know he wants what is best for you, but his heart must be breaking as much as mine. Well you still have 48 hours left in New Orleans. Maybe one of you will come to your senses."