Cereal

ship - skephalo 

Light footsteps can be heard in the hallway outside of Darryl's room where he peacefully lays, asleep. Two quiet knocks sound on his door, pulling him out of his rest. Darryl's eyes drowsily open to the noise, glazing over to the clock on the table beside his bed. 

3:14 AM.

The sleep deprived boy slides out of bed, landing harshly on the floor. A groggy yelp escapes his mouth as he rubs his eyes, crawling up and over to the door. Darryl turns the knob, slowly pulling the door back and peeking into the hall. He sees shadows moving along the walls, the light coming from the kitchen. Curious, he goes to investigate. 

Clinking and crackling sounds emit from the room over as Darryl tries to stealthily spy on whatever is causing the commotion. The sound of ceramics against a hard surface echos through Darryl's head. He finally gives up on trying to be sneaky and walks out into the kitchen.

The first thing he sees is Zak, sitting cross-legged on their marble counter, shoving spoonfuls of Golden Graham's cereal into his already full mouth. Zak pauses when he makes eye contact with Darryl, and gulps down the food in his mouth. He sets down his bowl and points at the cereal box next to him. 

"Want some?" Zak asks innocently. Rubbing his temples and sighing, Darryl walks over to Zak and rests his head on Zak's shoulder. The short boy glances down at his sleepy roommate, awkwardly petting his hair for lack of a better reaction. 

"Zak," Darryl whispers into the fabric of Zak's hoodie sleeve. "Why did you wake me up at 3 in the morning?" Zak continues to play with Darryl's hair while he simply says, "I didn't want to eat cereal alone." 

Accepting the fact that he won't be able to go back to sleep, Darryl brings Zak over to their couch, cereal still in hand, and pushes him down onto the cushions. He proceeds to snuggle up next to Zak, resting his head in the small boys lap. Zak doesn't stop him, he just keeps eating his cereal contently. 

"Why do I love you so much?" Darryl questions, not speaking directly to Zak. 

The raven haired boy locks eyes with Darryl, his gaze filled with adoration. He sets his cereal down on the table next to the couch, bringing his attention back to his love. Lifting Darryl's chin, Zak leans down and gently connects their lips. Surprised by the sudden contact, Darryl sinks into the kiss, discovering every part of Zak's lips. 

"You taste like cereal," Darryl mumbles between breaths. He can feel Zak's lips curve into a smile pressing against his own.  

Zak pulls away first, shifting his position so he's snuggled up on top of Darryl. He rests his head on Darryl's chest, and Darryl wraps his arms around Zak's waist, making little circles across his back. 

Both boy's eyelids grow heavy, too heavy to keep open. Darryl glances down at the half-asleep boy on his chest, quietly whispering to him,

"I think I know the answer to my question now." 

teehee~