Welcoming

ship - skephalo + minor dream6d

Balloons litter Zak and Darryl's apartment, tangling with the streamers that are hanging from the walls. "Do you think yellow and pink was the right choice?" Darryl asks Zak, questioning their decorations. "Quit worrying! It looks great!" Zak says, tugging on Darryl's shirt. They are preparing for the welcoming of Vincent, their French friend who decided to come to America for a while. Zak's phone buzzes in his pocket. A message from Clay, who is picking up Vincent from the airport, pops up on his screen. 

Dream: the baguette has landed

Dream: be there in 10

Zak sends a "k" and slides his phone back in his pocket. "They're on their way!" He yells to Darryl, who is setting snacks out on the coffee table. Just as a plate of veggies is set down, there's a knock at the door. 

"Dave!" Zak says, ushering in the first guest. "Hey," Dave says walking in and setting down a bag on the counter. "I brought some cheese, to make sure Vincent isn't too uncomfortable here." All three of the boys giggle and start doing the final touches on the set up. 

Soon enough, there are several knocks on the front door. Zak, Darryl and Dave exchange excited looks before Darryl races to open the door. Standing there with goofy smiles on their faces are Clay and Vincent, dragging along multiple bags and suitcases that are stuffed to the brim. Darryl wraps his arms around the two boys, pulling them into a tight hug. "I can't believe you're finally here!" Zak says from behind Darryl. Vincent let out a tired yawn before saying, "Yeah, its so weird! Especially the time change." His bags are brought in and tossed to the side, Clay eyeing them and glancing at Darryl. "So he'll stay with you the first night, then he's with me?" Clay says, nervously rolling the end of his shirt. "Yep! Don't worry, we'll all get to spend some time with him." Darryl winks at Clay. A little blush appears on Clay's face and he goes to get some food. Darryl chuckles to himself and walks over to Zak, who is talking to Vincent.

"So, how was the flight?" Zak asks, taking a sip from his drink. "Long," Vincent says through a smile. "My two remaining brain cells could barely handle the turbulence, but I got through it with a little Dramamine." Darrly's face flashes with concern, and Zak gives him a questionable look. "That stuff makes you really sleepy, are you sure you're up for this party, Vincent?" A chuckle escapes Vincent's lips before he says, "Yeah, I'm good. Besides, the real festivities haven't even started!" Vincent walks over to his bags, unzipping a big suitcase and grabbing a big bottle. "France's finest!" He says smirking, holding up what appears to be a bottle of champagne. Darryl, Dave, and Clay all exchange worrisome looks. Zak, on the other hand, hastily makes his way over to where Vincent is, inspecting the fine drink, his voice bubbling with excitement. "Wow! This must have cost a fortune!" A hand grabs Zak's. He glances back to see Darryl, giving him a stern look. "Zak, you know you can't drink that." Darryl says. "No, I can't drink it legally." Zak retorts, a naughty glint in his eyes. 

After a couple rounds of drinks, Vincent and Zak start to become pretty tipsy. "Heeeeyyy baaaaldyyy," Zak says to Darryl, his words slurring into each other, making it sound like his mouth is stuffed with gum balls. The strong grip of Darryl's arms holds Zak upright when he starts leaning to one side. "Okay, I think it's time to go to bed now, Zak." Darryl says, trying to lead him into his room. "Nooo," Zak whines, running away from Darryl. Now chasing him around their tiny apartment, Darryl starts trying to apologize to Dave and Clay for how Zak is acting. 

While this is going on, Vincent finds his way over to Clay. "Hey French man," Clay says, already chuckling to himself at the sight of his drunken friend. "DrEaM!" Vincent launches himself at the boy, causing him to topple over onto the couch. "Mmhm, you're all warm.." Vincent says quietly, snuggling up into Clay's sweatshirt. The blush on Clay's face turns 10 times brighter as Vincent adjusts himself so he's curled up into Clay's lap. "So soft..." Vincent's voice trails off, and he closes his eyes. 

Dave walks over to Clay with a smug look on his face, gesturing towards Vincent. "You know, this technically counts as you two sleeping together." He says, making Clay's face turn an even deeper shade of red. "Don't worry," Dave starts. "Your secret's safe with me. I'm gonna head out now, if you don't mind. I don't want to get stuck like you." Smirking, Dave gathers his stuff and walks out, leaving Clay on the couch, with Vincent still on top of him, who is now snoring softly. 

Curiosity sparks in Clay's eyes as he leans over Vincent's body to try and see his face. The worn out boy has dark circles under his eyes that are mostly covered by his glasses; his eyelids are gently shut, too heavy to even try keeping them open. The faint sounds of Vincent's breaths keep Clay's eyes glued to him, his newly forming affection unfaltered by the sound of crashing coming from another room. 

"Zak! Get down from there!" Darryl yells, trying to be quiet for the sake of their guests. Sticking his tongue out, Zak keeps bouncing up and down on his bed. The rage in Darryl's eyes doesn't concern him one bit, until that rage turns to surrender. Pulling the chair out from Zak's desk, Darryl collapses in pure exhaustion, giving up on Zak. Once he sees Darryl yielding his side of the battle, Zak stops jumping and slides off his bed, still unbalanced and clumsy. He stumbles over to Darryl's side, using the chair's arm as a support. "Daarrryyyy.." Zak pokes Darryl's cheek, but he loses his grip on the chair and goes tumbling down to the floor. "Zak! Are you okay?" Darryl asks, rushing to see if Zak is hurt. Zak just gives a confused groan, not protesting when Darryl lifts him up bridal style and brings him over to his bed. Setting Zak down into the fluffy covers, Darryl tucks him in, resting his head on a pillow. "Hmm, you're a cutiiiee!" Zak sleepily points to Darryl, adding at the end, "All three of you." A small blush tints Darryl's face as he starts to walk out, but his hand is grabbed by Zak. "Staaaayyy." Zak pleads, giving Darryl big puppy-dog eyes. Rolling his eyes, Darryl obliges and sits on the edge of Zak's bed, waiting until he sees his steady line of breathing and hears his tiny snores before he leaves. 

"You're not so bad, yourself." Darryl whispers on his way out. 

He walks into the living room to see Vincent snuggled up in Clay's lap on the couch, both of them asleep. A small laugh comes from him while he heads back into his room, getting into his own bed and falling into a peaceful sleep. 

 <3