Adoption and Death

Key: (f/n) = Father's name

(y/n) had never been like most kids her age. For one she was born into the legendary Uchiha clan. A clan that is famous for having the Sharingan eyes. A clan that had so much love for their people underneath it all. A clan that had a curse of hate placed on them and was exiled from the village. This clan was (y/n) home. She was apart of the clan and at a time she loved nothing better than being apart of it. Her mother had died when she was only four resulting in her becoming the youngest Uchiha to awaken her Sharingan eyes. Leaving her only with her father. Who at this point soon became exiled from the clan not wanting to remarry. Not only that but marrying a non-Uchiha and marrying (y/n) at just eighteen. (y/n) mom giving birth to (y/n) not long after. Causing (y/n) father to be driven further from the clan than before. Unfortunately when his wife died and without the Uchiha behind him. (y/n) father had to take on more missions in the anbu. He didn't like the idea of leaving (y/n) alone. So he often tasked Kakashi (someone he had befriended on a mission) to watch over her whenever she was gone. Kakashi was happy to watch over her and the two of them growing close. Fighting like father and daughter. (y/n) was clever for her age and was always asking him questions. And things whenever she needed help. Even with (y/n) mother's death, the family survived and at times were happy. With Kakashi's help, she graduated from the academy at the top of her class at six. Everything seemed to be going up for the family well until the day everything changed.............

A Couple Years Later

It was supposed to be a simple easy money C-ranked mission. But it got more complicated than that and turned into an A-rank mission. In the action (y/n) father had been badly hurt, and it was doubtful that he would be alive to survive through it all. As soon as Kakashi found out he and (y/n) rushed to the hospital.

A few days had passed since then and that is where the story begins. It was silent nobody saying a word. The only sounds that were heard through the room were the sound of a (y/n) father's breaths and the sound of the pouring rain outside. Every new second, the heart monitor would beep. Leaving the sound of ringing in the young Uchiha ear. A sound that even afterward would haunt her.

(y/n) sat on the chair in the small hospital room, her feet dangling above the ground. Not saying a word not shedding a tear. Because she knew that wouldn't change anything. Crying wouldn't help her father get better.

Kakashi Hatake sat on a chair on the other side of the hospital bed, his arms in front of his head, and his head down. He's known this girl her entire life, and not once has he seen her cry. Not when she found out how her mother died. Not when her dog ran away and never came back. Not once. And seeing her on the beak of tears was something he didn't quite know how to handle. Seeing this strong girl nearing her breaking point hurt him away Kakashi couldn't describe. (y/n) was like family to him and seeing what she is going through reminded him of what he went through. He hated watching this. This poor child. In the course of five years, she had lost her family. Her mother first. And now, her father. Kakashi stared at the girl, his eyes flickering from his 'niece' to his best friend.

"No need to look so sad (y/n) that isn't the daughter I raised," Her father said to her with a chuckle. Trying to keep the mood light.

"Don't go" She begged "Don't leave me! You can't leave me to!"

Kakashi pulled his mask from his mouth, in order to breathe easier. It felt like his throat was closing like he was going to cry. But he couldn't. Kakashi could see that (y/n) was already close enough to cry. The last thing she needed was to see him cry.

"I'm not going to" he lied with a fake smile.

Kakashi knew he was lying. But those simple words seemed to calm (y/n) even if they were a lie. So he rolled with it. (y/n)'s father reached up and touched the side of her face. "Listen to me," He said. (y/n) nodded slowly. "You, are an Uchiha. You are strong. So much stronger, and smarter than any five years old, I have ever met. You've made me so proud of my child. And I know you'll do great things for our clan" He said with a tender smile.