━━━━ ten

Mathilda is in the process of searching for her bandanna when she is greeted by James from the bottom of the hill that the leaders' hut is perched upon. "Is that Tilly, my favourite Game of Thrones star?"

His unusually enthusiastic words towards her make Mathilda a little suspicious, but she nonetheless smiles at him and offers a small wave. "Hiya!"

"Hey!" A few of the celebrities yell at her.

"How are you, Tilly?" James politely inquires.

She shrugs, finally finding her bandanna and holding it up as though it is the greatest prize she could have possibly discovered. "Tired but in good spirits," she reports. "After all, it's not just another day-"

"It's another day to excel!" everybody choruses, laughing. Caitlyn's words have inspired all of them a great deal; they would be a very different group of people if she wasn't sharing the experience with them.

The whole camp seems to be alive today, with good moods and more than a few songs being sung. Somehow Mathilda ends up singing a silly song with Adele, dancing like a moron as the others clap along.

"Do you like to sing, Tilly?" Kate asks curiously, ever the reporter.

"I do," she admits, "but I'm not too good at it, really. I prefer rapping."

Jacqueline shoots up in her hammock as though somebody has just stabbed her or something. "You can rap?" She questions excitedly, earning a hesitant nod in response. "What raps do you know?"

"Uh... My favourite to do is probably The Real Slim Shady," she admits, "but I know a few, I guess."

"Will you rap for us?" Adele asks hopefully.

It seems that everybody is just in the mood to showcase their awesome talents and try to go about their day with high spirits. Surely it would only be negative if Mathilda refused, right?"

She hums and nods. "Sure. Why not?"

Myles and Jacqueline give her a somewhat out of tune beat, but Mathilda grins and begins the lyrics to the best of her ability, pausing for breath every now and then. There are occasional interjections by the other celebrities who know a few of the words, but none of them know quite as many as Mathilda does.

When she finishes, they all cheer and her cheeks heat up at their praise. Music is her hidden passion and it isn't something that she ever really shares with anybody else, namely because she finds it to be extremely embarrassing but also because she typically has stage fright whenever it comes to singing or dancing in front of an audience that isn't her family.

Then again, these people are her family now, in a strange sense of the word.

Later, Roman and Jacqueline begin to sing Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran, and Mathilda finds herself floored by Roman's beautiful singing. His voice seems to lose its slight huskiness, and the sound that he makes is positively mellifluous.

She could listen to it all day.

"You've got a really nice voice," James comments, which makes Roman grin like a bashful schoolboy.

"Uh, thanks."

He seems to be one of those people who are uniquely gifted and, yet, they don't seem to realise it. The thought makes Mathilda's heart clench because there shouldn't be a single person on this Earth who doesn't know how talented Roman Kemp is, especially himself.

"Seriously," she echoes as he turns to look at her, "you sound incredible."

For seemingly the first time, it is Mathilda who makes Roman blush and not the other way around. It's an exhilarating feeling which sends butterflies spiralling in her stomach.