━━━━ eleven

━━ IN THE BUSH TELEGRAPH ━━

"So waking up without Adele Roberts in the jungle with us is definitely weird," Mathilda comments as she speaks to the camera. It is currently just before four o'clock in the morning, but she finds herself unable to sleep for several reasons. "I hope she is watching this and just realising how different camp truly is without her; we all miss you so much. Come back to us!" she whines dramatically. "All will be forgiven, I promise!"

There is nobody awake at this time, which actually makes it a nice, tranquil scene. It is good to be able to appreciate the expanse of the beautiful Australian jungle without worrying about what everybody else is doing or what trials are coming up that day.

"I'm really starting to miss home now," she admits quietly, as though saying it aloud makes it all the more real - which it does. "I miss my parents and my brothers and my friends and, of course, my baby girl who is probably watching this even though it is way past her bedtime. I just wanna say that I love you all and I really hope that you're proud of me..."

━━ IN THE MAIN CAMP ━━

"Found my heart and broke it here
Made friends and lost them through the years
And I've not seen the roaring fields in so long, I know I've grown
But I can't wait to go home..."

Mathilda quietly sings the lyrics to "Castle on the Hill" by Ed Sheeran, mindful of the sleeping celebrities but needing the cathartic release that so often comes with singing about how you are feeling. The idea of going home is incredibly appealing, and there is always that nagging voice in the back of her mind begging her to call out those dreaded words and be done with it. Of course, then her thoughts wander to her family, to Darcy, and to everybody that she would be letting down if she simply walks away from this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Most importantly, she would surely be doing herself an injustice. Clearly the British public must see something good in what she is doing because she survived the first vote-off after just being herself the entire time. To quit would be an awful waste, and Mathilda Holland does not do regrets in any way, shape, or form.

"Good morning," yawns Kate as she is the second to awaken that morning. It must be around five o'clock which is exceptionally early by both women's standards.

"G'morning, Kate," Mathilda chirps back, waving. "How did you sleep?"

Kate stretches her arms and fights to stay awake. "Very well, actually. And you?"

"Not too great," shares the younger woman. Usually Mathilda is not one for speaking openly about how she's feeling but Kate Garraway is trustworthy and she seems like she would give some good advice. "Actually, do you mind if I pull you off for a chat later?"

Kate looks highly concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I mean, I will be. Probably... Sorry, I must sound really cryptic right now, huh? I'm good, Kate, Scout's honour."

"Were you ever in the Scouts?" Kate asks knowingly.

"I was not."

They both grin, allowing themselves a moment of happiness within the overwhelming anxiety which is the I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of Here experience.

"Of course we can chat! Give me ten minutes to wake up properly and we can head straight down to the creek, if you'd like."

Mathilda smiles softly at her jungle mother figure. "That'd be great, KG." The nickname has sort of stuck somehow since they have all been there and Mathilda likes to think that, upon leaving the jungle, Kate will launch a successful rap career with KG as her stage name. She would definitely love to collaborate with some of these campmates when they finally leave.