1- Airplane Pt.2

~ References: 
*Italics = Korean speaking or phone calls
* Bold= Mary's thoughts 
*Underline and italics = Song lyrics.  #

"Last call for passengers of flight EK 505 to South Korea"

I ran as fast as I could trying to hold my boarding pass in my mouth and extending my passport to the flight attendant standing in front of the gate.
-I'm here, I'm here, please don't close the gate.- I mumbled arriving just in time for departure.
-Boarding pass and passport Miss.
I handed her what she had asked for and tried to catch my breath. This is the first time in my whole life that I almost lose a flight, and I was not happy about it. The lady gave me back my documents and showed me the way to the airplane. I felt my entire body collapsed with relief as I whispered "Thank god" and fastened my seatbelt ready to have another 6 hours in the air. When the company, where I worked, offered to pay for my flights, I had a deep feeling that it wasn't going to be the best experience and I wasn't completely wrong. A 25-hour flight was "the only option at such short notice", or as I see it, "the cheapest one". I know I am not in a position of complaining taking into consideration that they are also paying for the hotel AND they gave me a month of paid vacations, but still, twenty-five hours was A LOT.

The plane landed in Seoul and suddenly, I found myself surrounded by a completely different world. My head was exploding and I couldn't stress enough how tired I was, but I told myself that this was the beginning of something great and I walked toward the exit determined to find a taxi that could take me to the hotel. To my lack of surprise, the driver didn't speak English, so I had to use my very weak Korean. It wasn't very clear but at least it was enough to show him where I needed to go.
Finally, I arrived at my hotel room ready to take a long shower and sleep at least 10 hours to make this horrible jet lag disappear. The room was very nice and it had two extra beds. I grabbed my huge suitcase prepared with clothes for a month and put it in one of the beds. I could feel the exhaustion in every part of my being, but I wanted to make sure to leave everything in order before going to sleep, so tomorrow I could start adventuring myself. The idea was to meet the people in the company the first day so I could use the rest of the weeks to see if everything fit my expectations. I grabbed my phone and sent a message to every living person that wanted to know about my flight. Everyone received a copy and paste text saying " Hi, I arrived well but I'm dying, I need to sleep ASAP, so talk to you tomorrow." The only person that had a better response was Bianca who was dying to come to this trip with me and she was already begging to know about everything.

" The only person that had a better response was Bianca who was dying to come to this trip with me and she was already begging to know about everything