8- Let's cut through the wind while laughing

~ References:
*Italics = Korean speaking or phone calls
* Bold= Mary's thoughts
*Underline and italics = Song lyrics. #

I felt the sun on my face the moment it came out

I felt the sun on my face the moment it came out. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to understand where I was. It took me a couple of seconds but I remembered what happened on the tent and the storm, that horrible, terrifying storm. My first instinct was to sit down, but I felt a weight on top of me. I looked down and realized that Jimin was tenderly hugging me and his face was on top of one of my arms as I was facing up. I stared at him with a smile as his cute face was all puffy and sleepy. He had one string of hair covering his mask and my instant response was to try to remove it, it was then I realized where my other hand was.
Oh Mary, what on earth are you doing?
I turned my face the other side and kook was peacefully sleeping facing me, while strongly holding my hand. I quickly looked up immersed by desperation.
So, Jimin is hugging me but I'm holding his best friend's hand. This is just great.
It took me some time but I was able to get myself out of that situation without waking anyone up. The day was bright and sunny as if the sky hadn't fallen on us, last night. I walked carefully to the lake and sat in one of the rocks while letting the sun touch my skin.
Last night was the first thing that came into my mind, I was trying my best not to feel this confusion inside, but it was taking the best of me. I didn't know how I was supposed to behave or act around neither of them. Both of them made me tremble only with a look, and I was starting to feel desperate. I had a deep feeling inside that I wouldn't be able to have control of the situation for much longer.
I took a deep breath as I watched the beautiful landscape in front of me getting my worries away. I felt a warm touch around my eyes and I instantly knew it was him.
-Good morning, Jimin.
His hair was a mess, his eyes were swallowed and he was wearing a much bigger jacket than him, probably Namjoon's.
-How did you sleep?- He sat next to me with his hands in his pockets.
-It was an interesting night.
-Why?
-Did you not hear the storm?
-What? Was there a storm?
I laughed by his strong sleeping abilities.
-I tried waking you up because I got really scared with the thunders, but boy you sleep deep.
-Oh no! I'm sorry.- He seemed genuinely surprised.
-It's okay, Kook sang me a song and lent me his hand so I could fall asleep.- I noticed he looked at the floor disappointed.
-I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.
-It's okay, I'm not mad, you are here now. - I rested my head on his shoulder- I was missing you already.
The worst part was that I meant it, every time I was with him I felt like I was floating on the thin air. He surrounded my body with both arms and put his head on mine.
-I didn't miss you that much.
I fastly got away and looked at him demanding an explanation.
-Oh, okay, that's very nice of you.- I angry pouted and crossed my arms.
-I don't need to miss you, because when I close my eyes I also see you in my dreams.
Hello? Doctor? Is this the feeling of slowly dying?
I twitched my body filled with goosebumps as my face automatically turned red, he looked for my eyes while containing his laugh.
-Are you still mad at me then?- He pouted like a baby and gave me the cutest puppy eyes.
-I can never be mad at you.- I put my arms around his back and gave him a tender kiss on his nose.
It didn't matter how long you had known him for, he inspired this strong need to hug him and kiss him all the time. He was like this huge teddy bear that needed to be loved constantly.
-I FOUND THEM, IT'S NOT FAIR HYUNG, THEY ARE HUGGING AGAIN.- Tae yelled from the path and ran back to the camp while complaining.
Both of us laughed. I tried to stand up but he won't let me go.
-I want to stay like this a little longer.
-Guys, if we go now we can arrive for lunch.- Namjoon was the one interrupting this time.
-We should go, come on.- I grabbed his hand and we both left the lake behind, although Jimin wasn't happy about it.
The boys had put everything back in the car on our absence, so they were ready to go, the only thing left was us.
-Guys, you should have called us before so we would help you with the tent.- I said.
-It's okay noona, you seemed very busy.- He gave me a rogue smirk, and ran towards the car escaping from Jimin who was ready to attack.
I stayed checking we weren't forgetting everything when Kook came with my purse in his hand.
-Are you feeling better? You weren't next to me when I woke up.- He kindly asked.
-Yes, thank you I don't think I could have made it without you.
He awkwardly scratched his head and gave me a tender look before speaking.
-Do you want me to drive? Maybe you want to rest a little more in the car.
I thought a little bit about his offer, and although I wasn't tired at all, it was nice to just enjoy the trip without the responsibilities of being the main driver.
-It's a good idea, thank you, Kookie.
I stood still when I realized I called him that, I was going to apologize but instead I just accelerated my walk towards the car like a coward. Namjoon and Tae were already inside almost sleeping while Jimin was waiting for me.
-JungKook offered me to drive. Do you want to go on the passenger seat?- I asked internally hoping he would say no.
-No, it's okay, you can go. I'll sit behind you.- He sounded a little disappointed but I didn't argue.
We got on the road again pretty fast. At first, I was a little uncomfortable and I didn't know what to do with my nervous body. I looked back and the three musketeers behind where asleep AGAIN. Kook was concentrated on the route, his right hand was on the steering wheel and the left carefully touching his lower lip.
Dear god in the sky...
I quickly turned my eyes away when I heard my thoughts, and grabbed my earphones to listen to anything that would take my eyes away from him.
-You don't want to put the stereo?- He asked when realizing my actions.
-I don't want to wake up those three.
I connected them on my phone but for some reason, they weren't working.
-Great, I broke them.
-Do you want to use mine? They are inside my backpack. - He didn't take his eyes away from the road.
-Nah, it's okay.
-Really, take them.- He pointed at the black pack that was on my feet.
-Are you sure?
He nodded and I carefully opened its zip. He had some clothes inside, a notebook and some other trip accessories, I didn't want to pay attention to.
-I don't see them.
-They are probably on the bottom.
I reconsidered going all the way into his property, but I did it anyway. I went all the way to the end of the backpack as if I were handling a bomb. I could feel them but something was holding them inside, I started pulling up a little but it was not working.
-Did you find them?
-Yes, but they are stuck. Wait, I got them.- I pulled even harder.
My strong pull finally took them out, together with what was holding them: nothing less than his underwear. His boxer flew away the moment I took the headset, falling directly on my legs.
OH, MY SWEET LORD.
I looked up completely still while holding my hands up in order not to touch it.
-Em, Kook?
-What?- He looked down his boxers on my lap, freaking out instantly.- OH!
His eyes went blank and he almost lost control of the car while trying to take it away from me. I wasn't even looking, but I was worried he would crash.
-It's okay.- I whispered.- I can put them away.
-DON'T!- He screamed and kept his eyes up front.- I'll get them.
He extended his arm and started browsing for his underwear on top of me. I was sweating so much that I thought I would have a heart attack any minute now, although a part of me was eager to look at it as if it were some kind of relique, I just kept my eyes up. He kept trying to search for them, but his hands were shaking so much, that it seemed they were always more centimeters away. I stayed in silence watching his movements on the corner of my eye when I suddenly felt his hand on my uncovered leg. He quickly looked at me startled and took it away.
-I'm sorry, it was an accident.
I stayed there trying to understand what was going on inside me. His touch felt...it felt different.
-That's it, don't take your eyes from the road.- I grabbed the underwear and quickly put it back inside, closing the zip after.
I sat straight and contemplated the silence between us. He was completely red murmuring something to himself. I couldn't help but burst in laughter, with tears coming out of my eyes. He looked at me and slowly began to relax letting an embarrassed giggle come out.
-Oh my god, please let's not talk about this ever again.- I wiped some tears away still trying to catch my breath.
-Do you want coffee?
-What?
-There's a shop there, we can stop for some coffee.
-Yeah, that's sounds good.
He made the turn to get into the service station and parked in front of its supermarket.
-Should we leave the children in the back sleeping?- I asked smiling by the image behind me. They were completely asleep, both Jimin and Tae resting their heads on Namjoon.
-Yes, let them sleep.
We went inside together regardless of my tries to convince him to stay inside. I don't know how the whole "star stalking" was in Korea but I didn't want to risk it anyway.
-I'll get the snacks, you get the coffee.
We separated and each of us grabbed a couple of chips and candies from the shelves.
-Do you think this is enough?- I asked Kook who was already holding two coffees.
He nodded while laughing at the exaggerating amount of food I had grabbed. I paid for everything and then we got back to the car, the kids still in the same position.
-I bought you a latte, is that okay?
-Yes, thank you.