Date (Dahmin)

Same ship, different story!!! I've been practicing how to make stories lately and I think i've gotten better...ALSO I FIND IT SO CUTE HOW THEIR HAIR COLORS ARE ALWAYS MATCHING
For @DahMinJessicaPurple
——————————————————————————

DAHYUN'S POV:

I didn't want to go to senior prom, and somehow, my friend convinced me to go with her to it. She got me a sleeveless blue dress with beautiful diamond embroidery, with a short but still very cute skirt attached to it. I agreed, thinking she'd be with me the entire night, but she was already busy with some guy on the dance floor.

While they were busy trying to dance, my eyes landed on a mysterious guy across the room. He was quite handsome, actually. His head was turned perfectly to the right so that I could see his sharp jawline, and he had an empty expression on his face. He didn't wear anything special, just a normal black tuxedo with a white undershirt, but his broad chest and toned legs made the outfit look admirable. His head turned gradually as he scoped the room, like he was looking for someone.

He must've felt me staring because he started looking dead at me. I flashed him one of my famous smiles and his blank cold expression softened into a shy, flustered one as he looked down. I took this as an opportunity to approach him but got pushed around by the people around me. By the time I made it past the dance floor, the boy that was once there was gone. That is, until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi." he said.

Flustered, I quickly flash my smile again, usually using it as a defense mechanism in awkward situations.

"Hi, I'm Da—" before I could finish, he shushed me with his fingers and put his hand behind his ear, telling me to listen to the music.

"It's a slow dance." he said.

Seeing I was confused, he took my hand and led me to the dance floor which was once hectic, but had settled down because of the music change. He put his left hand behind my back and intertwined our fingers on the right. Too close. I hung my head down to avoid eye contact, until I felt his hands guide my head up to meet our eyes.

"You're too beautiful to be looking down." he said.

I screamed. Internally, of course. But he could still see the shock on my face and smiled, making his eyes smile with him. I panicked and leaned my head on his chest, while he shifted his left hand from my back to my head. He softly caressed my hair as we still swayed back and forth, in tune to the music.

He brought his head down to the crook of my neck and said,

"I felt you staring at me."

With a flush of embarrassment, I dug my head deeper into his chest.

"It's okay, I thought you were cute."

Hearing this, I brought my head up and looked at him, wondering how he could whisper such sweet nothings into my ear without even knowing my name.

"You say all this, but you don't even know me? How do I know you're not a playboy?" I vocalize.

"I know who you are, Kim...Da...Hyun."

I looked at him dumbstruck, wondering how he knew my name if I never told him. Reading the confusion on my face, he answered,

"We've been in the same global class for three years."

I staggered a bit, hearing this information which I never knew.

"It's okay, ever since freshman year I've had my eyes on you. And I'd never forget the time where I was too shy to ask a stupid question in global, but you were kind enough to ask for me. Even if they laughed at you, you laughed with them. Sadly we're not in the same global class this year, I wanted to impress you..."

That was him!? You remembered seeing a skinny short boy with lanky arms and glasses, he glowed up!

"Looks don't impress me, your heart does." I said, feeling like a humble hero.

"C-can I kiss you?" he said pressing his lips together to make his cheeks puff out.

That had to be...the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I nodded, and wasting no time he brought his head down and made our lips meet. Just like I imagined, his plump, pink lips were soft, as if he spent hours putting on chapstick. We released from the kiss, and his eyes never left mine as he looked at me lovingly.

The music goes back to its usual loud mainstream pop, and we both turn our heads at the change of atmosphere.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he blurted.

Girlfriend? I know we've been in the same class and he's drop dead handsome, but we don't exactly know each other well.

"Woah! We haven't even been on a date yet!" I respond.

He nods slowly in response and furrows his brows and looks down to think.

"Let's leave this place and go get some kimchi." he says

"It's a date!" I smile.

He holds out his hand and I take it into mine, fitting together like a puzzle. We walk out the loud dance floor and into the cold night. He took off his jacket and put it around me as we tried to find the nearest place that sold food at this hour.

We finally found one and we were seated. We talked more and more and got to know each other. Since it was late, no one else was at the shop but us. It was peaceful. It was incomparable. It was the best prom I've ever been too.

——————————————————————————
Alright I'm much more proud of this one than my last one tbh....